17 inch rims

budakhigh

:
mazda protege5 03
Hey guys I'm looking at getting used 17 rims and I was wondering if anydody had a link giving the maximum width offset ect

First set I'm looking at is phat cat vortex racing rims 5 spoke but I can't find the off set but apparently it came off a 1999 acura
Then other one had 43mm offset with a 225/55r17 tire on it chrom plated aluminum
And the third one is I beleave 65mm offset with 225or215/60r17 tires MSI rims

I really don't know much about resizing rims but I am leaning towords the phat Kats can anybody help me figure out how to size the rims to my car especially the phat kats

Mine are 17x7 and 43mm offset or 45mm offset sounds right. Lemme see if I can find teh specs for them..........

Yeah, +45 offset..........running 205/40/17 tires and lowered 1.4" all around with no rubbing at all and no rolled fender wells. They are very close to strut on inside width and heightwise. Any less offset or taller/wider tire and it would be rubbing on the strut and/or spring seat. Not sure of fit on yours with those tires sizes above if not lowered but if yours is lowered, those tires will be problem.

Last edited:
Phat kat

Attachments

• IMAG0054.jpg
    IMAG0054.jpg
    851.7 KB · Views: 574
Mine are 17x7 and 43mm offset or 45mm offset sounds right. Lemme see if I can find teh specs for them..........

Yeah, +45 offset..........running 205/40/17 tires and lowered 1.4" all around with no rubbing at all and no rolled fender wells. They are very close to strut on inside width and heightwise. Any less offset or taller/wider tire and it would be rubbing on the strut and/or spring seat. Not sure of fit on yours with those tires sizes above if not lowered but if yours is lowered, those tires will be problem.

Is there a way for me to check the offset acuratly and is seven inch the widest I can go on a rim with out it looking stupid r faring apart my wheel well

I really am leaning towords those phat cats but I can't see anything on the rim to show its offset

Well, offset is how far out from the center of the rim the flat surface that bolts to the hub is or how far in if negative offset. You would have to measure rim width then measure how far from the inboard edge of the rim to the flat lug surface is. Divide the rim width by 2 to get center and see where the measurement from the edge takes you in relation to center. Example on mine...half of rim distance = 3.5" on 7" rim. The +45mm offset means the flat lug surface is 45mm past the center of the rim towards the outside edge of the rim. Effectively it tucks the wheel 45mm into the wheel well. If offset was less it would move the wheel further out on the car making the track wider.

Most if not all wheels have the specs cast into them. 17x7 and et43 for the offset for example.

Just to keep u guys upto date I bought those phat Kats there 17by7.5 43 offset
But there is a curb rash on two of the rims so I got 50 bucks knocked off thinking I could just polish them clean. It turns out there powder coated so I'm looking to.get.them redone but I might settle for plasti dipping them to get off my winters if it turns out to be pricey

I just got sailun atrezzos z4 as installed on those phat Kats once I finish fixing my back fender my car will look soo sexy

Attachments

• IMAG0055.jpg
    IMAG0055.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 212
Back