Rear endlink trouble

zhy

:
I aint even mad!
hi, I ask you again for your wisdom, Oh great mazda owners.
Ive installed my Tein springs in the front successfully, but the rear has been a problem..
ive installed 4 new endlinks (yeah, you know) because the old ones were rusted out

now.. the rear endlinks are hitting my rear lateral link bar pretty bad and the car rides like a boat.. Problem is that the endlinks are too long and they push the swaybar too far back, enough to hit the lateral link.. these are the OEM endlinks, which are 6.5"

any solution to this? ajustable endlinks? shorter length endlinks from another car? I dont wanna pay 300$ for adjustable endlinks.. and i need my car back on the road ASAP! thanks

when i bought my rears the auto parts store said there were two sizes available. i cant remember them now nor is my car here with me today but i think i used the longer ones. hopefully someone else can confirm this tho

when i bought my rears the auto parts store said there were two sizes available. i cant remember them now nor is my car here with me today but i think i used the longer ones. hopefully someone else can confirm this tho

yeah, i know there are 7.5" endlinks available, 1 inch longer..
but that would make the problem worse wouldnt it?

What rr sway bar? Am lowered 1.4" and have Progress rr sway and oem endlinks. Have never had issue.

Heres the issue..
s5v21w.jpg

What rr sway bar? Am lowered 1.4" and have Progress rr sway and oem endlinks. Have never had issue.

can you please take a picture of your rear suspension? I really cant imagine it fitting with the OEM endlinks..

Last edited:
I have Tein springs w/Tokico Blues and Progress RSB. Rear endlinks don't hit the control arm.

Yep, he's running an aftermarkt rsb. The Progress is 22mm, I believe the stock rsb is 16mm.

If you are running the stock P5 rsb, then you need to get MSP end links. If you run the Progress or AWR rsb then you can use stock P5 end links.

Yep, he's running an aftermarkt rsb. The Progress is 22mm, I believe the stock rsb is 16mm.

If you are running the stock P5 rsb, then you need to get MSP end links. If you run the Progress or AWR rsb then you can use stock P5 end links.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH thats what I needed to know.. thanks alot, im gonna go get a refund and buy some MSP endlinks..... I should have asked before haha

I forgot to mention that I ran the stock RSB with stock endlinks for about 6 mos. with the Teins and Tokico Blues. Didn't have issues with the control arms then either.

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that I ran the stock RSB with stock endlinks for about 6 mos. with the Teins and Tokico Blues. Didn't have issues with the control arms then either.

Probable since im using OEM struts in the rear, and this is where this situation is problematic.. they probably raised the endlink socket on your Tokico for that very specific reason!

Makes sense. Glad you're getting your situation fixed soon though.

Not to get too off topic, but if you are installing higher-rate springs, it is a good idea to go ahead and upgrade your struts so you don't bounce like all the Civics I see around my town. Many people use Tokico HPs (blues) but I just installed some of the oh-so-cheap-made-in-China Stagg SHS struts (a whopping $190 shipped to my door for a set of 4 new struts). They are admittedly not up to the same performance standards as the Tokicos, but they feel good for such a steal, and other members on the forum can attest to their decentness (just do a search).

So when i will install my eibach prokit, which endlinks should i get?
Front = ford escape v6?
Rear = msp?

Hmm, I have stock sways and stock rear end links, but I had to use escape front links due to stock was too short. So I wonder if the blues have a higher setting for links. Cause my car is sittin pretty low, practically no gap in fender well. Can't get fingers between them. Lol but I had no problem with rear links. Although I do need new sways cause stock sways are a joke! Good luck man!

Back