How-To: Search and Post On This Website

pcb

The Diagram Dude
:
2002 MP5
For those who don't already know...

Site Specific Search:
Often, you want to search a specific website for content that matches a certain phrase. Even if the site doesn't support a built-in search feature, you can use Google to search the site for your term. Simply use the "site:somesite.com" modifier.

Example: "shifter linkage bushings" site:mazdas247.com

This will provide results only from mazdas247.com and only the three words together as a phrase.

Google is far superior at finding strings more relevant to a specific group of words, Vbulletin's search just attaches itself to the exact word you type.

I've figured out how to cut and paste from the FSM to a post.

In Abobe Acrobat reader, you click edit, then click snapshot, then click and drag the rectangle over the entire page (the rectangle only seems to cover one page so if the section you want to highlight covers more than one page, you might have to do it more than once). The size of the diagram (or page) on your Adobe Reader is transferred to paint. It's easier to copy your desired size first than to do it in paint.

I copied the PDF file to Paint to save and convert it to JPEG, then I uploaded to photobucket then clicked "add photo" from my Mazdas247 post, copied and pasted the URL to this post and all I got was that stupid icon thing.

Try this if you used photobucket...

Re: About Uploading Files
Yea photobucket has a learning curve, for every picture you have a direct link( you don't want) an image link ( you want) and paste that right into the thread. Once you have you will do them easily for pics, you should also be able to login right on photobucket website or use an app if you are doing this on a phone.

It looks a bit like this...

Image Links
Email & IM
Direct link
HTML code
IMG code
Update Link Options

You want "IMG code".

If you use facebook to enter photobucket, you don't have to use a password.

I just found out how to search our site for specific pictures:

To search for pictures of the IAC valve on mazadas247.com:

Open Google search, click on Images then enter "IAC site:mazdas247.com".

Last edited:
As a new registered user, how do i post on this site? I am looking to buy a 2003 mazda 5 protege and need some good advice here from the members.

Re: Just Curious ??
Originally Posted by pcb
How did you link directly to a specific post in a thread ???

com/forum/showthread.php?123797660-Mazda-6-Brake-upgrade&p=5683261&viewfull=1#post5683261

sleepwalker wrote:

When you're looking at a thread, at the top of each post is the blue bar that goes across, has the date and time on the left end of the bar. All the way at the right end is the post number (#14). Click that baby and it opens the thread, centered on that post. The resulting link is up there in the address bar to be copy/pasted. You can also just right-click the post number and Copy Shortcut, and then paste it wherever.

Like so:

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...=1#post6168664

Handy little function !!

Here's another good tip:

Re: How Did You Do That ???
Originally Posted by pcb
I've been wanting to copy Rockauto pages to a post but can't figure out how to do it.
I would much appreciate it if you could tell me how it's done. Thanks.

maykop5:
all I did was what I saw on my screen I went and pushed the print screen button or prtsc on laptops, then went to the program PAINT and click on file then paste ( it does not always work if you just use ctrl-v) and it should pop up. save it to a folder and I used my facebook acct to upload the pic and used the url from that picture on face book.

hope this helps.

Back