KW Build Thread

kwaits92

:
2011 Mazda2
Nothing has actually been built, but things are in the works. Here are a few photos of what I am working with.

0JtQ2Is.jpg

6OtMIuV.jpg

8eBtg3c.jpg

4yUVpF6.jpg

6W6BBTG.jpg

Currently I am building my trunk to fit the all the components.

Please do your best to keep this updated.. I don't go on Instagram much at all :(

Is that pinstripe a dealer add-on? I don't think I've seen it before. Nice color choice, SG FTW!

Is that pinstripe a dealer add-on? I don't think I've seen it before. Nice color choice, SG FTW!

Yes it was an add on. Cost me $150. But it cost $400 to take it off?? Told them I would take it off free of charge. So they made it free. Dealers kill me.

Nice taste in wheels. ;)

I agree. But I'm looking at the 195/40-16 tire size, and I'm wondering if that's a bit small? According to the calculator linked below you'll end up with a -3.8% speedometer error. If I end up going with 16's I think they'll be 195/45-16 tires. Much closer to overall stock diameter, which is what the car's suspension and linkage was designed for. All that being said, I do really like the look of the gunmetal Compes.

Link for tire size calculator: http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

I am running 195/40/16. The speedo is off 1 mph every 30mph. So 30=31. So if you go the limit. No worries lol

I ran the 40's because I wanted as little tire without much stretch. Stretched tires look goofy as hell IMO.

The fronts will definitely have some camber but as little as possible for how low I want. With elevel I'll have 3 set heights. Low, ride height, raised. And it is height based rather than pressure.

I had alwasy thought the big issue with being greater than +/-3% was the risk of brake failure.

Yepp, the Mazda2's tyre sice is 195/45-16. Not 40. That if Mazda them selfs has put on the 16" wheels tho....
Standard on my car.

I like your wheels. Looks very good!!! Hope you will post more pic of them and the car.

I had alwasy thought the big issue with being greater than +/-3% was the risk of brake failure.

Yeah Tire Rack mentions that it may not be as safe. However, there has already been one member (Unzipher) who had no problems. And my wheels are the same width as his.

Doing some serious work on the trunk this weekend. If all goes well full install by Tuesday. Fingers crossed.

Back