toyiko blue struts vs monroe sensa-strut

Prohero

:
Mazda Protege ES 2002
Lets just say my toyiko struts went bad on me and i had the opertunity to replace them with monroe struts.
Id be using the toyiko springs on the monroe struts. Would this be a down grade a lateral movment or an improvment
Over stock?

If a downgrade how would i feel it. Less stiff or?

Back story: guy on local buy and sell site selling both front monroe struts and wheel bearings
For 220$ all new in packaging. I talked him down to 160$ and took it all off his hands knowing i needed
New struts and saw this as a steal.

it's a downgrade, monroe is an oem replacement. They aren't bad, but they arent valved for lowered springs so the life of them will be reduced and the ride wont be as sporty

also i'm pretty sure tokico has some sort of warranty. not sure if you have to be the original owner of the struts though

Last edited:
Monroe is a down grade and they suck. I could completely compress the ones on my mp3 after 6 months. After 2 years slight bumps with just my self the tires hit the wheel well.

ok thanks for the heads up guys. i just finished putting them on tho. lol i broke both sway bar end links in the process, gonna have to pick up some new ones tomorrow :p. Even if the struts last for a year ill be happy.

Even if the struts last for a year ill be happy.

I'm curious why you'd settle for reduced performance as well as limited durability if you're possibly gonna have to do it all over again in +/- a year or two.

They may go even longer but I'm just sayin'...

Back