6 Speed Manual Touring Model?

Indy3

:
2004 Mazda3 S
I've personally seen a couple proper 6 speed manual Sport Models and hear rumblings about a possible Touring Model wit a proper 6 speed manual transmission. Does anyone have any updates if they are actually being built?

Just looked on MazdaUSA.com and it still shows the Touring Model only available with the automatic. ugh

I've personally seen a couple proper 6 speed manual Sport Models and hear rumblings about a possible Touring Model wit a proper 6 speed manual transmission. Does anyone have any updates if they are actually being built?

Just looked on MazdaUSA.com and it still shows the Touring Model only available with the automatic. ugh

Should be available this month since I talked to Mazda sales three weeks ago. Said the build date was March, should be mid-April when they receive them!

Mazda said the manual will be available with the Touring, should only be a matter of time before they hit the dealers.

It should be noted that the Technology Package will not be available on Touring models with the 6 sp. manual. (which sucks.)

I guess the reason is that the smart city brake system can not work with the manual tranny, since it will stall the car if it works. So is the adaptive cruise control.

It should be noted that the Technology Package will not be available on Touring models with the 6 sp. manual. (which sucks.)

Same as Canada, we can get the GT with manual transmission but not with the Technology Package.

Adapter cruise is available later in US for manual as i recall reading it in the car's manual about a gear shift warning....

Makes me sad you cannot spec a GT with manual. Would be a perfect car for me.

But I do understand that not many people would buy it.

Should be available this month since I talked to Mazda sales three weeks ago. Said the build date was March, should be mid-April when they receive them!
The dealer I talked to yesterday said they where "On the water" and would be in around the end of may. I'm on the east coast, not sure if that makes a difference. One of them may be mine :)

I guess the reason is that the smart city brake system can not work with the manual tranny, since it will stall the car if it works. So is the adaptive cruise control.

I have SCBS on a manual cx-5 in the uk so that's not the reason guys.

Good point. Makes sense. How's the stereo on the Tech package btw?

You mean the BOSE? I do pay attention in the past few days. It gets some decent details and surrounding feel. But I won't say it is lively enough even though much better than other standard equipped. Surely, you get the BOSE signature: overwhelming base.

And, you won't tell much difference if you are in the speed. Mazda 6 does not have a quiet cabin.

I will try some better sound source for further compare. Currently, I use 64k AAC online streaming.

You mean the BOSE? I do pay attention in the past few days. It gets some decent details and surrounding feel. But I won't say it is lively enough even though much better than other standard equipped. Surely, you get the BOSE signature: overwhelming base.

And, you won't tell much difference if you are in the speed. Mazda 6 does not have a quiet cabin.

I will try some better sound source for further compare. Currently, I use 64k AAC online streaming.

I guess that means you don't like it?

So, it does stall the car when it comes to a full stop?

If it came on and I didn't have my foot on the clutch I'd imagine so. Which would likely be the case if it activates because the driver isnt paying attention by braking soon enough.

Look up in the edmunds app, (OK, not a very reliable source). MSRP 24290 for non-optional color, 1300 less than the automatic. No 5.8in, no rear view camera (only rear sensor), no tech package, no BSM.

So, just an upgraded holster and 19in wheel? for 1500? Hope edmunds just copy the spec sheet from sport trim.

Nice. I wasnt aware they were available yet. How much did you get it for?

Pics?

They wouldn't really budge on price. They gave me around $250 off sticker (to make me feel better lol) to put it at $24k even. The salesman told me that it was the only one in the eastern u.s. that they were aware of and that he was not going down any more than that. They did give me a good deal on my trade in and the service at the dealership was top notch so I am not complaining. I left a happy camper...until Mazda starts rolling in more touring manuals and then it won't be so special hahaha.

Look up in the edmunds app, (OK, not a very reliable source). MSRP 24290 for non-optional color, 1300 less than the automatic. No 5.8in, no rear view camera (only rear sensor), no tech package, no BSM.

So, just an upgraded holster and 19in wheel? for 1500? Hope edmunds just copy the spec sheet from sport trim.

I bought mine with the 5.8in, rear view camera, BSM, leatherette, and 19 in wheels for $24k.

Back