Rim Shopping

chris.mp5

:
2002 Mazda Protege 5 2.0
As the warmer weather approaches, I'm looking into purchasing new rims. Now my question is, if I were to purchase 17's (stock is 16's) will I'll able to direct fit it without worrying if it touches my struts or fenders? I also live near the Toronto region and was wondering what would be a good reasonable price for bronze rims including tires? I don't want to pay too much for something that I could've gotten cheaper somewere else.

Thanks Everyone

As the warmer weather approaches, I'm looking into purchasing new rims. Now my question is, if I were to purchase 17's (stock is 16's) will I'll able to direct fit it without worrying if it touches my struts or fenders? I also live near the Toronto region and was wondering what would be a good reasonable price for bronze rims including tires? I don't want to pay too much for something that I could've gotten cheaper somewere else.

Thanks Everyone

to my knowledge any 17x7 wheel should fit without any problems, 17x8 will fit with a lower offset. it's hard to say what a good price is since you're not looking for a specific brand or model of rim. I've seen wheel&tire packages go as low as $600 where I live. But you have to remember the less you pay, the heavier the rim will be and the tires will most likely be some off brand made in china. You might want to look into purchasing some used brand name rims and some good tires seperately.

here's a good thread to get you started

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?79658-Official-P5-wheel-thread&highlight=rims

Back