Millenia door strikers + LS400 door checker covers installed!

:
2001 BJFP MT
:
2016 BMYFS AT
Since I have long finished making my car go fast, I have moved on to making it look nicer... I noticed this somewhat popular mod in the Toyota scene:
http://www.mr2.com/forums/show-off/Toyota-MR2-64417-aesthetic-door-mods-mk2-only.html
Lots of new cars now come with chrome door strikers with the plastic caps covering the screws... Hyundai is one of them!

I went to the junk yard and found a LS400, I test fitted the chrome door strikers on a Protege there and they didn't fit! Hole spacing was way off! (pissed) Tried just the plastic covers on the stock Protege door strikers... wouldn't clip on...
But I remember the Millenia had a similar setup, just no chrome strikers... no big deal to me... so I tried the Millenia door striker caps on the Protege... wouldn't clip on... so I next tried swapping the Millenia door striker over.. perfect fit! :D
DSC_5284.jpg

DSC_5263.jpg

Only minor rubbing on the door latch screw against the plastic cap on the front door:
DSC_5276.jpg

On the LS400, there were also plastic covers over where the door checkers attach to the door jamb... nice little touch to hide some of the mechanical parts of the door :)
DSC_5285.jpg

So I ganked those but tried them on the Protege... doesn't fit! But what if I cut them.....
DSC_5294.jpg

Now it works! It doesn't cover around the attachment bracket completely, but it's good enough... I'll need to wait for a 929 (the very early Eunos 500/800 had them too but we never got those cars here :()to show up at the junk yard before I can try those instead
DSC_5292.jpg

DSC_5296.jpg

DSC_5301.jpg

Last edited:
Back