Need input on lowered spring installation

zhy

:
I aint even mad!
Hi guys,
now, im installing my tein springs on my KYB struts (2kyb front, 2 oem rear) and Ive read in this thread
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123674157-HOW-TO-Protege-5-Strut-and-Sway-Bar-install

Step 3: Open your hood and mark the orientation of stock struts, there is a white dot that is pointing in a specific location. (if you are looking directly at the strut, or looking at the Tokico logo, the white mark should be on the furthest right corner if you are on a lowered car, if you are running stock springs, when looking at the logo the dot should be closest towards you on the right)

Step 11: reinsert the strut back into your car, MAKE SURE YOU orient it properly, the white dot should go back where it was, I believe its different if you have lowered Vs a stock ride height.
that you have to rotate your top mounts 90 degrees to accomodate lowered springs, would that be true? OP says he "heard" but I want the best for my car, so please if you know anything about it please post here, im gonna wait until I install them back

thank you! (hear ya)

Back