Tuning the Stock Ecu? Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
pcb, JUST BUY A DAMN AFTERMARKET ENGINE MANAGMENT UNIT AND PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Why waste time, money, and maybe even a motor on something that isn't proven? Problem solved!

I started to rant about this, too...pcb, dude...just throw that UG away. If its not measuring very basic fuel status parameters (closed vs open loop) properly...please don't cloud up the community with possible false information...you pm'd me about this over 5 times...each time i told you the problem is most likely the UG, but that it also isn't very important anyway...

this isn't criticism...its just you (i.e. pcb) seem to have a habit of zero'ing in with extreme detail on matters that don't really mean anything...earlier you were talking about applying full blown rocket science to off-roading in a tracker...yet the reality was picking up a handful of dirt/mud with some tires and spinning it off...bring it down a little, thats all haha...focusing in on certain things so tightly just makes common problems seem way more complicated...and relevant...than they really are...

rally, not sure if you were being serious about it or not...just saying...his 2nd o2 sensor stuff has been popping up in thread after thread for months...

Last edited:
^Yea I hear that,... I don't have any problems with my car and I'm not thinking of doing any mods.
I really don't want be the first to try it and wreck my engine in the process but I'd still love to see all the different parameters and MAPS just to see what the car is doing.
That's only for curiosity's sake though so I'm not gonna risk it.

Alright Installshield I'll STFU about it and sell my UG to someone who can use it.

Last edited:
For $100 if I can pick up 10hp from a reflash on the stock ecu... or I could get 20hp with an aftermarket for +$1000...
I know which one is better value for money. and for most peoples use... the reflashed ECU is enough of a benefit, without the hassle

I am actually currently working on a little side project for these ECU's to be able to tune them. Why... because its going to cost me absolute sweet F'All, and its something for me to do which I WILL get results from.

For me...I want temporary gains on the FS until I do the KLZE swap... there are also a lot of FSZE's running around here with only FSDE ECU's... so I am going to reflash the AUDM ECU with the JDM FSZE maps (with slight modifications).
I am an electrician, studying Engineering, and my work is in electronics mainly, with a lot of software design, logic controllers, automation and switchgear etc.

Last edited:
Are you just using the fuel maps? Installshield will know more than me but as far as i know there were enough changes between the us harness and motors with being obd2 and everywhere else, enough so that everything has to be swapped out

Please note that treating fellow Members with disrespect, instigating drama and or posting meaningless comments will lead to being permanently banned from Mazdas247.

Thread closed indefinitely for cleanup and infractions will be issued if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back