Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SkyActiv TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) for CX-5, 2013 Mazda3 & 2014 Mazda6

Registered Member

2013 cx-5 GS FWD

Hello! anyone did the tapping noise TSB? that requires the removal of the windshield? I know mine has a problem with it, am just afraid to take it to the dealer, because it said on the note that, windshield breakage is not covered by warranty. So if they accidentally broke my windshield, they won't replace it?

Registered Member

2013 cx-5 GS FWD

sorry for the double post, my computer lagged then I pressed the post button twice, anyways is this TSB also valid here in canada? cause it sez on the paper,(mazda motors of america, Inc.) or is this something universal no matter what country you're in?

i-ACTIV AWD Aficionado Kedis82ZE8's Avatar
    Donated: $25

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries
    Have the TSB's really slowed down now on the CX-5s or are no new ones are being posted? I'd like to hear not many more.... that is a good sign IMO.

I thought I saw a backup camera one but can't seem to remember where I saw it at. It is always good to know them ahead of time so in case something crops up you can say.."I think there is a fix for that". I know though.. it is sometimes hard to get a dealer to fix it based on a TSB. I used to drop the copy of TSB out but simply stating the info from TSB in the same words when taking in for service seems to have been more effective for me.
    NB1 Navigation Updates (990 NEW-5/2017) / Why Mazda moly oil? - Mazda TSBs / My Misc add-ons / Mazda owners manuals / SkyActiv Oil Analysis Thread

==================
    Current Vehicles:

'15 CX-5 GT 2.5L w/tech package & i-ACTIV AWD - Liquid Silver Metallic (04/2014 build-07/2014 delivery) - 36K Miles
    '12 Lexus GX 460 Premium (Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 150) / Torsen with ATRAC AWD
    '07 Infiniti G35x w/tech (Nissan Skyline V36) / ATTESA E-TS AWD
    '00 Jeep Wrangler 4.0L TJ - 5 speed / NP231 PT Transfer Case
    ==================
    Former Vehicles:

'02 Nissan Maxima GLE (Nissan Cefiro)
    '96 Ford Explorer 5.0L / AWD - Borg Warner 4404 viscous coupling
    '96 Mazda Protege LX (Mazda Familia (BH))
    '87 Nissan Maxima SE (Nissan Bluebird U11)
    '84 Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo (2-stroke motor would probably use less oil/150 miles per quart)
    '82 Buick Skylark (JUNK)

Registered Member

2013 cx-5 GS FWD

Quote Originally Posted by Kedis82ZE8 View Post
    Have the TSB's really slowed down now on the CX-5s or are no new ones are being posted? I'd like to hear not many more.... that is a good sign IMO.

I thought I saw a backup camera one but can't seem to remember where I saw it at. It is always good to know them ahead of time so in case something crops up you can say.."I think there is a fix for that". I know though.. it is sometimes hard to get a dealer to fix it based on a TSB. I used to drop the copy of TSB out but simply stating the info from TSB in the same words when taking in for service seems to have been more effective for me.

yes you were right about the TSB for back up cam, they had it for the 13 year models, they replaced mine about hmmmm 4-6 mos ago? cause the old one can be penetrated with water.

CX-5 Touring/2015

I don't know about Canada but in the USA if they break the windshield while it is in for service they are responsible for the cost of the windshield replacement.

Registered Member

That is correct Maineiac. The line in the bulletin stating Windshield breakage not covered under warranty refers to the dealership itself not getting reimbursed by Mazda to replace the windshield. There is no cost to the customer. This is per a friend of mine who is a service writer at a US Mazda dealer.

Registered Member

2013 cx-5 GS FWD

ok, now I get it, thank you for the info guys.

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries
    TSB: 03-003/14

MULTI-MODEL - GROAN NOISE FROM FRONT WHEEL HUB

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2014 Mazda6 vehicles with VINs lower than JM1 GJ ****** 190589 (produced before June 01, 2014)

2013-2014 CX-5

DESCRIPTION

Some vehicles may exhibit a groan type noise from the front wheel hub bearing while driving at high speed or when cornering. This may be caused by front wheel hub bearing corrosion.

Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.

REPAIR PROCEDURE

1. Verify customer concern.
    2. Replace the affected front wheel hub (A) and locknut (B). Refer to MS3 online or Workshop Manual (section 03-12) removal/installation instructions for the front wheel hub and the locknut only.
    CX-5 - WHEEL HUB COMPONENT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [AWD]

Mazda6 - WHEEL HUB, STEERING KNUCKLE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries
    TSB: 01-005/14

MULTI-MODEL (SKYACTIV 6AT) - HIGH ENGINE IDLE SPEED WHEN STOPPED IN DRIVE

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2012-2014 Mazda3 (equipped with SKYACTIV-G)

2014-2015 Mazda6 (equipped with SKYACTIV-G)

2013-2015 CX-5 (equipped with SKYACTIV-G)

DESCRIPTION

Some customers may complain about one of the following symptoms when the vehicle is stopped and the transmission is in D range:

An intermittent high engine idle speed.

An intermittent engagement shock.

An intermittent forward lurch.

These conditions may occur when the customer depresses the brake pedal and makes contact with the throttle pedal simultaneously.

Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.

REPAIR PROCEDURE

1. Verify complaint.
    2. Reboot the IDS to clear memory before reprogramming.
    3. Using IDS 89.03 or later software, reprogram the PCM to the latest calibration following the "Module Reprogramming" procedure.
    NOTE:

Always update the IDS tool first, then follow on-screen instructions to download the needed calibration file for PCM reprogramming.

It is not necessary to remove any fuses or relays during PCM reprogramming when the IDS screen prompts you to do so. You may accidentally stop power to one of the PCM terminals and cause the PCM to be blanked, or you may receive error messages during the IDS reprogramming procedure.

IDS shows the calibration part numbers after programming the PCM.

Please be aware that PCM calibration part numbers and file names listed in any Service Bulletin may change due to future releases of IDS software, and additional revisions made to those calibrations for service related concerns.

When reprogramming a PCM, IDS will always display the "latest" calibration P/N available for that vehicle. If any calibration has been revised/updated to contain new information for a new service concern/issue, it will also contain all previously released calibrations.

When performing this procedure, we recommend using the "Power Supply" mode in the Battery Management System to keep the vehicle battery up to capacity. If a different charger is used, make sure it does not exceed 20 AMPS. If it exceeds 20 AMPS, it could damage the VCM.

4. After performing the PCM reprogramming procedure, verify the repair by starting the engine and making sure there are no MIL illumination or abnormal warning lights present.
    NOTE:

If any DTCs should remain after performing DTC erase, diagnose the DTCs according to the appropriate Troubleshooting section of the Workshop Manual.

After PCM reprogramming, it is no longer necessary to road test the vehicle to "relearn" KAM (Keep Alive Memory).
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries
    TSB: 03-002/14

2013-2014 CX-5 - RATTLE / CHATTER NOISE FROM REAR DIFFERENTIAL

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2013-2014 CX-5 vehicles with VINs lower than JM3 KE ****** 391989 (produced before September 16, 2013)

DESCRIPTION

While driving at low speeds, some vehicles may exhibit a chattering/rattling type noise from the rear of the vehicle. A rear differential component, internal bearing noise, may be the cause.

REPAIR PROCEDURE

1. Lift the vehicle. Refer to MS3 online (section 00-00 JACKING POSITIONS, VEHICLE LIFT (2 SUPPORTS) AND SAFETY STAND (RIGID RACK) POSITIONS).
    2. Verify if the noise is heard from the rear differential component (A) when the wheel speed is approximately 3 to 6 mph (5 to 10 km/h).
    3. Has the noise been verified?
    Yes - Proceed to step 4.

No - This bulletin does not apply. Refer to MS3 online or Workshop Manual (section 03-03 NO.3 ABNORMAL NOISE AND/OR VIBRATION FROM COUPLING COMPONENT).

4. Contact MASH at 888 832-8477, option 2, to obtain authorization to replace the rear differential component (including the coupling unit). Refer to MS3 online or Workshop Manual (section 03-14 REAR DIFFERENTIAL REMOVAL/INSTALLATION).
    CAUTION: If the constant velocity joint angle is excessive during propeller shaft removal/installation, the constant velocity joint boot may be damaged when contacting the metallic cover. Protect the constant velocity joint boot by inserting a shop rag (A) between the boot and the metallic cover.

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries
    TSB: 05-004/14

MULTI-MODEL - WHINING NOISE FROM AUTOMATIC TRANSAXLE

BULLETIN NOTE

This bulletin supersedes the previous bulletins 05-004/14 issued on 03/05/14 and 03/19/14. The DESCRIPTION has been revised.

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2012-2014 Mazda3 with VINS lower than JM1BM1K73E1144608 (produced before November 11, 2013)

2013-2014 CX-5 with VINS lower than JM3KE2BE3E0415164 (produced before November 11, 2013)

2014 Mazda6 with VINS lower than JM1GJ1U60E1158307 (produced before November 12, 2013)

DESCRIPTION

Some customers may complain of a whining noise from the automatic transaxle when driving at 10 mph and above. The noise:

Depends on the vehicle’s speed only (the more speed, the more noise)

Occurs with all types of driving (acceleration, deceleration, steady speed)

Does not depend on rpm, gear, or ATF temperature

REPAIR PROCEDURE

1. Verify customer concern.
    2. Replace the 6AT assembly with a new one according to MS3 online instructions or Workshop Manual section 05-17.
    3. Verify repair.

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries
    TSB: 05-002/14

MULTI-MODEL (WITH SKYACTIV-DRIVE A/T) - VEHICLE SPEED DOES NOT INCREASE WITH ENGINE SPEED AND ATX DOES NOT SHIFT UP OR DOWN

BULLETIN NOTE

This bulletin supersedes the previous bulletin 05-008/13, issued on 12/12/13. The APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS has been revised.

Changes are noted below in Red.

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2012-2014 Mazda3 (with SKYACTIV-DRIVE A/T)

2013-2014 CX-5 (with SKYACTIV-DRIVE A/T)

2014 Mazda6 (with SKYACTIV-DRIVE A/T)

DESCRIPTION

Some vehicles may exhibit the ATX fail-safe function working with the following symptoms:

The vehicle speed does not increase with engine speed

The ATX does not shift up or down as expected

The condition may not always be able to be reproduced and DTCs may not be stored when the vehicle is brought in. Foreign material (iron particles in the ATF) may enter the ATX valve body and cause a temporary malfunction of the valve body and/or sensor (ATX fail-safe function activated). The fail-safe function is canceled without DTCs recorded if the malfunction goes away and does not occur again at the next drive cycle.

Fail-safe function operation:

If a technical fault is detected in the ATX by the malfunction detection function, the fail-safe function limits the ATX control (inhibits some gears or shift down functions).

Even in case of an ATX malfunction, the fail-safe function allows minimum vehicle driveability.

Customers having this concern should have their vehicle inspected/repaired using the following repair procedure.

2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD Soul Red

Just wondering.. how does TSB work? I don't think I ever done any TSB on any cars, only recalls or some mail from manufacturers telling me to go fix something... I plan on going to a local Mazda dealer soon to tell them the issues on my 2014 Touring (build date 4/14 I think) car (had it for a year, been lazy to go to any Mazda).

-Mirror & Hood vibration/shake
    -A/C "Windshield" position it's a bit stiff to turn to, used to revert back to the previous position
    -There's air blowing through the legs even when the selector is on "blowing towards people only", most noticeable when A/C is on, feet is freezing LOL
    -Infotainment system (like everyone else)

Registered Member

2013 CX-5 Touring FWD; 2013 BMW Z4 35i

TSBs (technical service bulletins) are widely misunderstood by internet forum users and others. They are simply a way the auto manufacturers have of communicating established diagnostic and repair procedures for known problems on their products to their dealer network. They were never intended for public consumption, but are readily available on many internet sites and it is often helpful to bring a TSB reference with you to the dealer service department when it appears to apply to a particular problem you are experiencing with your car. The dealer will still have to verify that the problem does in fact exist, but having the TSB info at the ready can often speed up the repair experience.

'15 CX-5 GT AWD w/tech

Blog Entries
    +1... I just like to be aware of them in case a listed issue crops up on my vehicle. It does make it easier when communicating the issue to dealer although I have had mixed results just plopping the printed TSB down for a resolution. Maybe some feel like you are telling them how to do their job?

I usually just state the symptoms very similar in wording to the TSB and let dealer discover. This doesn't always work but sometimes you have to work different angles.

Quote Originally Posted by paris1 View Post
    TSBs (technical service bulletins) are widely misunderstood by internet forum users and others. They are simply a way the auto manufacturers have of communicating established diagnostic and repair procedures for known problems on their products to their dealer network. They were never intended for public consumption, but are readily available on many internet sites and it is often helpful to bring a TSB reference with you to the dealer service department when it appears to apply to a particular problem you are experiencing with your car. The dealer will still have to verify that the problem does in fact exist, but having the TSB info at the ready can often speed up the repair experience.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast