SkyActiv TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins)

Hello. My CX-5 is built in the summer of 2012. I'm have a problem with driver's seat (non-powered version): it comes down by itself, a couple of cm in 1-2 weeks time. I was told by the Mazda local branch that there is an service bulletin issued for this but they can't give me a copy. Could anyone posts this TSB or give a link here? I told my dealer about this TSB and they just raised their shoulders, denying its existence. Thank you all

http://www.carproblemzoo.com/tsb/mazda/cx-5/

Here is a link to the TSB that mentions the issue you are having.

Hello. My CX-5 is built in the summer of 2012. I'm have a problem with driver's seat (non-powered version): it comes down by itself, a couple of cm in 1-2 weeks time. I was told by the Mazda local branch that there is an service bulletin issued for this but they can't give me a copy. Could anyone posts this TSB or give a link here? I told my dealer about this TSB and they just raised their shoulders, denying its existence. Thank you all

I have just had this Service Bulletin activated on my car last week, it's taken a year and a half to get it though. I complain about this (seat lowering itself) a month after I purchased the car in May 2012. Finally got a Service Manager who took notice of the fault and he reported it back to Mazda. The Service Bulletin Number is 09-010/13, last issued 4/10/2013. It refers to a number of components to be replaced in the seat base. I have not had the repair done long enough to tell if this has fixed the problem or not, because it used to take about a month for the seat to lower it self about 50mm. There is another issue as well, when you enter the car and sit on the seat, slightly side-on, your leg tends to crush down the side cushion and the under-side of your leg touches the seat lever. Doing this everyday is also enough to lower the seat slightly over a month, but there is not much you can do about this. Hope this helps.

Thank you both for the information. I want to actually see the content of this TSB so I will be able to know in advance what they will change to my seat. Can anyone post it here? All the best and drive safe!

Sorry for the slow response. The rest will be uploaded tonight.

Thank you wannabe for helping share the documents with the community.

EDIT:

THE TSB'S PROVIDED ARE NOT ONLY FOR THE CX-5 SA-G. ALL SKYACTIV PLATFORMS OF MAZDA ARE NOW UPLOADED

Thanks for the TSBs. Was wondering if there were any new ones for the second half of the year? The 2014 Mazda6 GJ has this issue now.

Hello world. Last Friday I went with the car in service and they replaced the entire metallic body (including the rails) of the driver's seat. I'm hoping that this solved my problem of self-lowering seat. All the best and drive safe!

Wonderful job. This is something Mazda should have on their website.

Hello! anyone did the tapping noise TSB? that requires the removal of the windshield? I know mine has a problem with it, am just afraid to take it to the dealer, because it said on the note that, windshield breakage is not covered by warranty. So if they accidentally broke my windshield, they won't replace it?

Hello! anyone did the tapping noise TSB? that requires the removal of the windshield? I know mine has a problem with it, am just afraid to take it to the dealer, because it said on the note that, windshield breakage is not covered by warranty. So if they accidentally broke my windshield, they won't replace it?

sorry for the double post, my computer lagged then I pressed the post button twice, anyways is this TSB also valid here in canada? cause it sez on the paper,(mazda motors of america, Inc.) or is this something universal no matter what country you're in?

Have the TSB's really slowed down now on the CX-5s or are no new ones are being posted? I'd like to hear not many more.... that is a good sign IMO.

I thought I saw a backup camera one but can't seem to remember where I saw it at. It is always good to know them ahead of time so in case something crops up you can say.."I think there is a fix for that". I know though.. it is sometimes hard to get a dealer to fix it based on a TSB. I used to drop the copy of TSB out but simply stating the info from TSB in the same words when taking in for service seems to have been more effective for me.

Have the TSB's really slowed down now on the CX-5s or are no new ones are being posted? I'd like to hear not many more.... that is a good sign IMO.

I thought I saw a backup camera one but can't seem to remember where I saw it at. It is always good to know them ahead of time so in case something crops up you can say.."I think there is a fix for that". I know though.. it is sometimes hard to get a dealer to fix it based on a TSB. I used to drop the copy of TSB out but simply stating the info from TSB in the same words when taking in for service seems to have been more effective for me.

yes you were right about the TSB for back up cam, they had it for the 13 year models, they replaced mine about hmmmm 4-6 mos ago? cause the old one can be penetrated with water.

I don't know about Canada but in the USA if they break the windshield while it is in for service they are responsible for the cost of the windshield replacement.

That is correct Maineiac. The line in the bulletin stating Windshield breakage not covered under warranty refers to the dealership itself not getting reimbursed by Mazda to replace the windshield. There is no cost to the customer. This is per a friend of mine who is a service writer at a US Mazda dealer.

TSB: 03-003/14

MULTI-MODEL - GROAN NOISE FROM FRONT WHEEL HUB

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2014 Mazda6 vehicles with VINs lower than JM1 GJ ****** 190589 (produced before June 01, 2014)

2013-2014 CX-5

DESCRIPTION

Some vehicles may exhibit a groan type noise from the front wheel hub bearing while driving at high speed or when cornering. This may be caused by front wheel hub bearing corrosion.

Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.

REPAIR PROCEDURE

1. Verify customer concern.
2. Replace the affected front wheel hub (A) and locknut (B). Refer to MS3 online or Workshop Manual (section 03-12) removal/installation instructions for the front wheel hub and the locknut only.
CX-5 - WHEEL HUB COMPONENT REMOVAL/INSTALLATION [AWD]

Mazda6 - WHEEL HUB, STEERING KNUCKLE REMOVAL/INSTALLATION

TSB: 01-005/14

MULTI-MODEL (SKYACTIV 6AT) - HIGH ENGINE IDLE SPEED WHEN STOPPED IN DRIVE

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2012-2014 Mazda3 (equipped with SKYACTIV-G)

2014-2015 Mazda6 (equipped with SKYACTIV-G)

2013-2015 CX-5 (equipped with SKYACTIV-G)

DESCRIPTION

Some customers may complain about one of the following symptoms when the vehicle is stopped and the transmission is in D range:

An intermittent high engine idle speed.

An intermittent engagement shock.

An intermittent forward lurch.

These conditions may occur when the customer depresses the brake pedal and makes contact with the throttle pedal simultaneously.

Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.

REPAIR PROCEDURE

1. Verify complaint.
2. Reboot the IDS to clear memory before reprogramming.
3. Using IDS 89.03 or later software, reprogram the PCM to the latest calibration following the "Module Reprogramming" procedure.
NOTE:

Always update the IDS tool first, then follow on-screen instructions to download the needed calibration file for PCM reprogramming.

It is not necessary to remove any fuses or relays during PCM reprogramming when the IDS screen prompts you to do so. You may accidentally stop power to one of the PCM terminals and cause the PCM to be blanked, or you may receive error messages during the IDS reprogramming procedure.

IDS shows the calibration part numbers after programming the PCM.

Please be aware that PCM calibration part numbers and file names listed in any Service Bulletin may change due to future releases of IDS software, and additional revisions made to those calibrations for service related concerns.

When reprogramming a PCM, IDS will always display the "latest" calibration P/N available for that vehicle. If any calibration has been revised/updated to contain new information for a new service concern/issue, it will also contain all previously released calibrations.

When performing this procedure, we recommend using the "Power Supply" mode in the Battery Management System to keep the vehicle battery up to capacity. If a different charger is used, make sure it does not exceed 20 AMPS. If it exceeds 20 AMPS, it could damage the VCM.

4. After performing the PCM reprogramming procedure, verify the repair by starting the engine and making sure there are no MIL illumination or abnormal warning lights present.
NOTE:

If any DTCs should remain after performing DTC erase, diagnose the DTCs according to the appropriate Troubleshooting section of the Workshop Manual.

After PCM reprogramming, it is no longer necessary to road test the vehicle to "relearn" KAM (Keep Alive Memory).

TSB: 03-002/14

2013-2014 CX-5 - RATTLE / CHATTER NOISE FROM REAR DIFFERENTIAL

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2013-2014 CX-5 vehicles with VINs lower than JM3 KE ****** 391989 (produced before September 16, 2013)

DESCRIPTION

While driving at low speeds, some vehicles may exhibit a chattering/rattling type noise from the rear of the vehicle. A rear differential component, internal bearing noise, may be the cause.

REPAIR PROCEDURE

1. Lift the vehicle. Refer to MS3 online (section 00-00 JACKING POSITIONS, VEHICLE LIFT (2 SUPPORTS) AND SAFETY STAND (RIGID RACK) POSITIONS).
2. Verify if the noise is heard from the rear differential component (A) when the wheel speed is approximately 3 to 6 mph (5 to 10 km/h).
3. Has the noise been verified?
Yes - Proceed to step 4.

No - This bulletin does not apply. Refer to MS3 online or Workshop Manual (section 03-03 NO.3 ABNORMAL NOISE AND/OR VIBRATION FROM COUPLING COMPONENT).

4. Contact MASH at 888 832-8477, option 2, to obtain authorization to replace the rear differential component (including the coupling unit). Refer to MS3 online or Workshop Manual (section 03-14 REAR DIFFERENTIAL REMOVAL/INSTALLATION).
CAUTION: If the constant velocity joint angle is excessive during propeller shaft removal/installation, the constant velocity joint boot may be damaged when contacting the metallic cover. Protect the constant velocity joint boot by inserting a shop rag (A) between the boot and the metallic cover.

Back