SkyActiv TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins)

Rattle / Chatter Noise From Rear Differential 2013-2016 Mazda CX-5

http://mazda.oemdtc.com/719/rattle-...ar-differential-2013-2016-mazda-cx-5#more-719

Rattle / Chatter Noise From Rear Differential 2013-2016 Mazda CX-5
By oemdtc On March 8, 2016In Repair TipsTagged 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, Chatter, CX-5, Mazda, Noise, Rattle, Rear Differential
2013-2016 CX-5 AWD RATTLE / CHATTER NOISE FROM REAR DIFFERENTIAL

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2013-2016 CX-5 AWD vehicles with VINs lower than JM3KE******725078 (produced before October 1, 2015)

While driving at low speeds, some vehicles may exhibit a chattering / rattling type noise from the rear of the vehicle.

The noise may be caused by a rear differential bearing failure.

The following mass-production changes have been implemented to eliminate the noise.

Description Starting VIN and Production Date
1. The assembly process was improved. JM3KE******391989 (September 16, 2013)
2. The shape of the coupling unit housing was changed. JM3KE******725078 (October 1, 2015)

A-Pillar Trim Distortion Poor Appearance – 2013-2016 Mazda CX-5

http://mazda.oemdtc.com/873/a-pillar-trim-distortion-poor-appearance-2013-2016-mazda-cx-5

2013-2016 CX-5 vehicles with VINs lower than JM3KE******730190 (produced before Oct. 15, 2015)

Poor appearance of the passenger and/or driver side A-pillar trim.

The lower portion of the trim may become distorted (as shown below) due to high temperatures.

A-pillar trim

To eliminate this concern, the shape of the body flange has been improved during mass-production to allow sufficient A-pillar clearance.

For those with MMS there appears to be a new module version for those with issues.

http://mazda.oemdtc.com/886/mazda-mobile-start-mms-cannot-communicate-with-vehicle-mazda#more-886

If a customer has a vehicle communication related error on their APP, perform the following:

Disconnect the battery or unplug the module for at least 10 seconds.
Reconnect the battery, wait 60 seconds and then have the customer try the APP again.
If the vehicle starts, order module 0000-8F-Z80A.
NOTE: THERE IS A LIMITED SUPPLY OF THE MODULE AT THIS TIME, THEREFORE ONLY USE THIS PART FOR THIS SPECIFIC CONDITION.
Due to the limited supply, make sure you were shipped the A level part and not the original part before installing the part.
Install the module and program it per MMS programming instructions.
Instruct the customer to update their account with the new module information, otherwise the MMS will not work from the APP.

Hi Everyone,

I got a notification on my 2016 CX5 6 speed in late December for a re-flash due to unusual idle. I lost the letter and can't seem to find it above. Can someone direct me to it? I have my first service next weekend and want to have it in hand.

Thanks

Just picked up a 15 '6 GT this past weekend. Will be getting the door moulding recall done next Friday. They are being a PITA about the Bluetooth Module TSB. They won't order it, even with a Mazda Handsfree Support case #, unless they diagnose it as the issue. Hopefully all works out.

months ago i got a letter about the struts on hatch, said to wait for another letter to arrange replacement, haven't heard anything since and didn't find anything relative in search on this thread

months ago i got a letter about the struts on hatch, said to wait for another letter to arrange replacement, haven't heard anything since and didn't find anything relative in search on this thread

I think Mazda is still sourcing parts for recall.

Anyone done TSB 09-008/15 after the new car warranty expires?

My 2014 CX-5 has 73k on the ODO, is a CPO, but the dealer is saying it won't be covered under the CPO 1 year warranty.

Anyone done TSB 09-008/15 after the new car warranty expires?

My 2014 CX-5 has 73k on the ODO, is a CPO, but the dealer is saying it won't be covered under the CPO 1 year warranty.

i couldn't get them to do it under the regular or extended warranty because they couldn't duplicate my issues, meanwhile, 3 different phones and 5 different version of android os and had the same problem thru all of them. but their tech never had issues when he tested....

FYI: My local Mazda (Brown's Fairfax Mazda) service department says the hatch recall is open now; they will perform it on my next service date.

Thanks Kedis. My 2016 has this problem. I thought I'd just live with it. Good to know it will be covered under warranty.

Nice to see a TSB 3 years after I brought mine in and they would not repair.... I ended up taking the panel off and putting pipe tape around the housing to stop the vibration.

Back