SkyActiv TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins)

TSB: 05-002/14

MULTI-MODEL (WITH SKYACTIV-DRIVE A/T) - VEHICLE SPEED DOES NOT INCREASE WITH ENGINE SPEED AND ATX DOES NOT SHIFT UP OR DOWN

BULLETIN NOTE

This bulletin supersedes the previous bulletin 05-008/13, issued on 12/12/13. The APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS has been revised.

Changes are noted below in Red.

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2012-2014 Mazda3 (with SKYACTIV-DRIVE A/T)

2013-2014 CX-5 (with SKYACTIV-DRIVE A/T)

2014 Mazda6 (with SKYACTIV-DRIVE A/T)

DESCRIPTION

Some vehicles may exhibit the ATX fail-safe function working with the following symptoms:

The vehicle speed does not increase with engine speed

The ATX does not shift up or down as expected

The condition may not always be able to be reproduced and DTCs may not be stored when the vehicle is brought in. Foreign material (iron particles in the ATF) may enter the ATX valve body and cause a temporary malfunction of the valve body and/or sensor (ATX fail-safe function activated). The fail-safe function is canceled without DTCs recorded if the malfunction goes away and does not occur again at the next drive cycle.

Fail-safe function operation:

If a technical fault is detected in the ATX by the malfunction detection function, the fail-safe function limits the ATX control (inhibits some gears or shift down functions).

Even in case of an ATX malfunction, the fail-safe function allows minimum vehicle driveability.

Customers having this concern should have their vehicle inspected/repaired using the following repair procedure.

Just want to say hi to everybody; long time reader, first time posting.

My 2014 cx5 gt FWD just had this transmission problem yesterday. Exactly as described!!

This TSB is not complete, seems there should be repair procedure following the last sentence.

Just wonder anybody has any idea what the repair procedure will be? Whether this repair will be covered by the power train warranty? My 3 yrs/ 36,000 miles warranty already expired.

Thanks in advance for any help.

My cx5 has only 17,000 miles. Really disappointed

Nice to see a TSB 3 years after I brought mine in and they would not repair.... I ended up taking the panel off and putting pipe tape around the housing to stop the vibration.

No kidding. I had the issue on my 2013 and resorted to turning down the bass a bit to stop it from happening too much. But I was already way out of warranty when I traded it in so I'd never get them to do the TSB. Nearly all the 2013 and 2014 models covered by this TSB already have aged out of their warranties regardless of mileage anyways...

Anyone with a copy of TSB: 05-002/14?

This is in regards to "VEHICLE SPEED DOES NOT INCREASE WITH ENGINE SPEED AND ATX DOES NOT SHIFT UP OR DOWN"

Thanks.

05-002/14

Looks like they defer to FSM for further troubleshooting. Since they talk about particulate in the valve body I can probably assume they consider fluid changes, valve body replacement and/or entire AT replacement as options.

Last edited:
05-002/14

Looks like they defer to FSM for further troubleshooting. Since they talk about particulate in the valve body I can probably assume they consider fluid changes, valve body replacement and/or entire AT replacement as options.

Thank you very much for the link Kedis. Really appreciated!

Do you mind me asking what "FSM" stands for? Thanks.

Screen%20Shot%202017-08-27%20at%204.14.39%20PM.png

TSB

Are there any specific years or models that experienced leaking? Our 2015 Mazda 6 model has about 45k Miles on it and everything has been solid so far. I did use 0w20 for the first several oil changes before switching to 5w30. No leaks.

I have a question for the group about getting the TSBs that affect your car fixed at the dealer. Will the dealer do these without charging the owner. It appears I have 3 TSBs that affect my 2016. I'm coming on my 30K service can I get them to do it all at the same time? If I forgo the 30K service will they still address the issues without charging me?

I have a question for the group about getting the TSBs that affect your car fixed at the dealer. Will the dealer do these without charging the owner. It appears I have 3 TSBs that affect my 2016. I'm coming on my 30K service can I get them to do it all at the same time? If I forgo the 30K service will they still address the issues without charging me?

My understanding is - not all cars are affected by TSBs, for e.g. seat heaters affect certain usage types. So the dealer will have to see the issue being replicated in front of his / her eyes. Then yes they should honor it. A Recall is for a VIN range and they should honor it irrespective of whether it will fit or not.
My next service I plan to swap the chrome AC vents with black ones and see if there are any outstanding ones. Mazda website can be used to track VINs.

Having trouble finding TSB number

Cracks Around Edge Of Active Driving Display 2015-2016 Mazda[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm having trouble finding the TSB number for the above? Does anyone have it?

Could you please pass along the TSB for Drivers-side power door mirror vibration? I can't open it, states I need permission from google docs.

Thanks,
Jay

I tried to open several of TSB's google says I need permission ? Clicking the request permission does nothing but say I will receive an email.

Thanks for posting these. When I try to open them I am sent to a screen that says I need permission, how is this done .

Thanks for posting these. When I try to open them I am sent to a screen that says I need permission, how is this done .

Looks like the person that started the thread owns that google drive.

Use the link for bbind a few posts up and you can pull them all for free and probably more up to date.

Back