SkyActiv TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins)

Huh. Where are you seeing/receiving these, @Kedis82ZE8?

I may need to go in for that one, since I am indeed part of the '15 models made before July and I do notice the rattling when I go over bumps / super rough roads.

013-2015 CX-5 - LOW OR NO SOUND FROM BOSE AUDIO SYSTEM

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2013-2015 CX-5 vehicles (equipped with 9 speaker BOSE audio system) with VINs lower than JM3KE******536270 (produced before October 01, 2014)

DESCRIPTION

Some vehicles may exhibit low or no sound from some (or all) of the BOSE audio system speakers (i.e. left and right front door speakers, front center speaker and left and right D-pillar speakers).The power amplifier, which controls the output to the speakers may be inoperative due to the occurrence of parasitic resistance in the circuit.

Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.

REPAIR PROCEDURE

1. Verify the customer concern.
If the problem condition changes when changing the sound source (from radio to CD for example), this bulletin does not apply. Troubleshoot according to the instructions on MS3 online or the Workshop Manual (section 09-03 NO RADIO RECEPTION (AM/FM)/NO OR LOW VOLUME [RADIO]).

If the problem condition stays the same when changing the sound source (from radio to CD for example), proceed to next step.

2. Replace the audio amplifier with a modified one according to the instructions on MS3 online or the Workshop Manual (section 09-20 AUDIO AMPLIFIER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION).
3. Verify the repair.

TSB: 09-013/14

MULTI-MODEL - BUZZING NOISE FROM STEERING COLUMN

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2013-14 CX-5 vehicles with VINs lower than JM3KE******399399 (produced before October 3, 2013)

2014 Mazda3 vehicles with VINs lower than JM1BM******125873 (produced before October 3, 2013)

2014 Mazda6 vehicles with VINs lower than JM1GJ******149693 (produced before October 3, 2013)

DESCRIPTION

Some vehicles may experience a buzzing noise from the steering column when driving on rough roads or passing over speed bumps. This buzzing noise may be caused by the lower steering column cover (A) contacting the steering wheel adjustment lock lever (B). To correct the problem, felt is attached to the steering column cover.

Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.

REPAIR PROCEDURE

1. Verify customer concern.
2. Pull the lock lever release and attach the two pieces of felt (KD45-55-163 and KD45-55-162) to the lower steering column cover as shown, without removing the steering column cover (F: Front of vehicle).
NOTE: Provide 5 mm of clearance between the two pieces of felt. DO NOT overlap them to avoid peeling off.

Anyone have the pictures for this one? Ever since I adjusted my steering wheel I've been hearing taps from the column area when driving over the many rough roads around here. This looks like a likely candidate. Sounds easy enough to self repair, but it would be nice to see the exact placement of the felt.

I have found a common source of rattle are the rear seat belt buckles when the seatbacks are flattened. They can tap up against the plastic that follows the wheel well curve.

I have found a common source of rattle are the rear seat belt buckles when the seatbacks are flattened. They can tap up against the plastic that follows the wheel well curve.

I usually just push the buckles into the top hole and then mine don't rattle.

This doesn't list the CX-5 but I think I saw this one time with cargo on my rear carrier which sometimes causes false positives. I turned BSM off & then on during a false positive and then BSM light started flashing. I turned off for about 5 minutes and then turned on and blinking went away. I never pulled for a code but behavior sounds similar. I do know they typically tell you turn BSM off when towing stuff. I've only seen this one time.

TSB: 09-037/14

MULTI MODEL - BSM OFF INDICATOR LIGHT FLASHING WITH DTC U3000:54

BULLETIN NOTE

This bulletin supersedes the previous bulletin 09-037/14, issued on 09/08/2014. The APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS INFORMATION has been revised.

Changes are noted below in Red.

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2014-2015 Mazda3 Japan built vehicles (equipped with BSM) with VINs between JM1BM******100001 and 227916 (produced before August 7, 2014)

2014 Mazda3 Mexico built vehicles (equipped with BSM) with VINs between 3MZBM******100001 and 210564 (produced before May 23, 2014)

2014-2015 Mazda6 vehicles (equipped with BSM) with VINs between JM1GJ******100001 and 202992 (produced before Aug. 7, 2014)

2013-2014 CX-9 vehicles (equipped with BSM) with VINs between JM3TB******425232 and 445920 (produced from Aug. 1, 2013 to July 3, 2014)

DESCRIPTION

Some vehicles may have the Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) OFF indicator light flashing and DTC U3000:54 stored in memory.

DTC

Description

U3000:54

Radar performance malfunction (BSM control module detected malfunction in misalignment)

The concern is caused by inadequate BSM control module control logic. The BSM control module software has been updated to eliminate this concern.

TSB: 07-002/14

MULTI-MODEL - NO COOL AIR FROM AIR CONDITIONER (LEAK FROM EVAPORATOR)

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2013-15 CX-5 vehicles with VINs lower than JM3KE******450217 (produced before February 24, 2014)

2014-15 Mazda6 vehicles with VINs lower than JM1GJ******174072 (produced before February 24, 2014)

2014 Mazda3 vehicles with VINs lower than JM1BM******187223 (produced before February 24, 2014)

DESCRIPTION

Some customers may complain about no cool air from the vents when the air conditioner (A/C) is ON. This concern may be caused by A/C refrigerant leaking from the evaporator. Some deformed evaporator tubes slipped through quality inspection and were used during production. A/C refrigerant leaks from improper brazing at a joint. To correct the problem, the production and inspection control of the evaporator have been improved.

REPAIR PROCEDURE

2. Verify that the level of A/C refrigerant charge is low (The A/C refrigerant high and low pressures are both low).
3. Check for refrigerant leakage from any part of the system, using a colored dye.
If leakage is found from the A/C unit drain hose, check the A/C unit inside. If leakage is detected from the evaporator, replace it with a modified one according to the instructions on MS3 online or the Workshop Manual (section 07-11, A/C UNIT DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY).

If leakage is found from other than evaporator, repair or replace it according to the instructions on MS3 online or the Workshop Manual.

4. Verify repair.

TSB: 09-048/14

MULTI-MODEL - FUEL GAUGE SHOWS EMPTY AND/OR DISTANCE TO EMPTY INDICATES "0" WITH FUEL REMAINING

BULLETIN NOTE

This bulletin supersedes the previous bulletins 09-048/14 issued on 11/06/14. The REPAIR PROCEDURE has been revised.

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2013-15 CX-5

2014-15 Mazda3 vehicles with VINs lower than JM1BM******230374 (produced before September 1, 2014)

2014-15 Mazda6

DESCRIPTION

Some customers may complain that the fuel gauge shows empty and/or the distance-to-empty on the multi-information display (MID) indicates “0” with a certain amount of fuel remaining in the tank.

This may be a normal operation of the fail-safe function:

If foreign material (contained in a poor-quality fuel) adheres to the fuel gauge sender unit, the fail-safe function initiates by forcing the fuel gauge and the distance-to-empty to indicate “zero fuel amount”.

Immediately after the foreign material is dislodged by shaking of the fuel during driving or refueling, the fuel gauge will return to a normal reading, but the distance-to-empty will continue to read “0” until the next refueling of 3 US gallons (10 liters) or more.

To correct the problem the following change has been made:

There is no mass-production change to prevent adhesion of foreign material to the fuel gauge sender unit. So the fact remains unchanged that the fuel gauge and the distance-to-empty indicate “zero fuel amount” when foreign material adheres to the fuel gauge sender unit, and the fail-safe function initiates.

To equalize the recovery timing from the fail-safe mode, the logic has been changed so that the distance-to-empty recovers from “0” to a normal reading immediately after the foreign material is dislodged (at the same time as the fuel gauge).

REPAIR PROCEDURE

1. Explain the following to the customer:
This is a normal operation of the fail safe function and not a malfunction, and that adhesion of foreign materials is an accidental occurrence with an extremely low recurrence rate.

If this occurs, rely on the fuel gauge instead of the distance-to-empty until the next fill up of 3 US gallons (10 liters) or more.

2. Disconnect and reconnect the negative battery cable.
3. Verify repair.

This one has been updated.

TSB: 02-003/14

2014-2015 CX-5 - CHIRP NOISE FROM REAR SHOCK ABSORBERS

BULLETIN NOTE

This bulletin supersedes the previous bulletin 02-003/14, issued on 09/18/2014. The APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS INFORMATION has been revised.

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2014-2015 CX-5 vehicles with VINs between JM3 KE ****** 387092 and JM3 KE ****** 490721 (produced between September 2, 2013 and June 05, 2014)

DESCRIPTION

Some vehicles may exhibit a chirp noise from the rear shock absorbers (A) when driving on a rough road or passing over a speed bump. Visual inspection of the shock absorbers show no external damage or oil leakage.

REPAIR PROCEDURE

2. Replace the rear shock absorber. Refer to MS3 online or Workshop Manual (section 02-14 REAR SHOCK ABSORBER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION).
NOTE: Only replaced the affected side.

3. Verify repair.

I assume this would include some of the '15s as well.

TSB: 02-003/14

2014 CX-5 - CHIRP NOISE FROM REAR SHOCK ABSORBERS

APPLICABLE MODEL(S)/VINS

2014 CX-5 vehicles with VINs between JM3 KE ****** 387092 and JM3 KE ****** 490721 (produced before June 06, 2014)

DESCRIPTION

Some vehicles may exhibit a chirp noise from the rear shock absorbers (A) when driving on a rough road or passing over a speed bump. Visual inspection of the shock absorbers show no external damage or oil leakage.

REPAIR PROCEDURE

2. Replace the rear shock absorber. Refer to MS3 online or Workshop Manual (section 02-14 REAR SHOCK ABSORBER REMOVAL/INSTALLATION).
NOTE: Only replaced the affected side.

3. Verify repair.
PART(S) INFORMATION

Part Number

Description

Qty.

Notes

KR27-28-910B

Rear Shock Absorber

1 or 2

Only replaced the affected side

Has anyone had a rattle in the their front (left) speaker cover ? Is there a TSB fix for this?
Have a 2014 cx-5

It could be the A pillar inner cover, that rattles. I have it too.
If I grab it a bit, down close to the bottom, it will go away for a while.

Mine has started rattling again. When I press down on the back left corner of the speaker cover (nearest the windshield) it stops. Mine only rattles in cold weather <35 F. I thought I had it fixed last winter with some foam tape placed strategically on the bottom of the speaker cover. I'm going to remove the cover again and place more foam tape under the corner of the cover to help tighten up the fit.

I took it in to the dealer and they said, "we can't replicate it". I mention to them in the beginning I doubt they would be able to do so, due to the infrequency at which it does this. As you say, under 35 degrees & bumpy roads. How do you get the speaker cover off?

Just gently insert something flat (I have a small plastic flat bladed trim remover, looks like a butter knife) in the gap between the front left corner of the speaker cover and the dash and pry upwards. Press down on the dash to make yourself a little more room to insert. Once you get it started move your way to the right gently prying up as you go. Once you get the front popped up you can just lift it off. To replace, attach in the back first and just press down.

I took mine off again yesterday and applied more foam weather stripping tape and it still rattled this morning at times. It's still the far left back corner near the windshield because I can make it stop with pressure on that corner.

Anyone have the details for TSB 06-002/13. It has to do with " A Clacking Noise When Starting To Move Vehicle While Steering Wheel Is Turned To Full Left Position". Thanks!

TSB 09-008/15 is the TSB for the replacement of the Bluetooth module and reprogramming of the infotainment system to fix the SMS and ipod resume issues.

Back