HELP WITH CEL CODES P0090 and P2009!!

MSProokie

Hi I have just bought a MSP and had the CEL codes P0090 and P2009. Anyone knows going about to fix these problems? I went to the dealership and asked for an estimate and they gave me $100 for just to test the vehicle out. That's way too much for me. So if anyone has had these codes pop up please help! Thank you

I am having this same issue. I have a 2003 Mazda Protege. I took my car in for an oil change & tuneup last week. He replaced the ignition wires & tuned up the engine. He said my valve cover gasket is leaking and that I need new drive belts & a new timing belt (all reasonable). However, yesterday (just a few days later), my check engine light came on & listed codes P0090 (P0090 Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Control Circuit) and P2009 (variable tumble solenoid circuit low). Could this be connected to the wires he replaced? Both are "circuit" issues it seems. He placed it on the analyzer and didn't find these codes, so it's something new.

I'm also havering same issue, P2009 only though. Clutch was replaced by shop prior to me buying it. But the cel being on it really annoying! Lol

Update on my issue: A couple of days after I added this, my car wouldn't start (after driving it to the store). Turns out the wire connecting my battery was super-corroded. That has now been replaced. Since the battery was disconnected, the code has disappeared, but if it comes back I'll let you know. I'm guessing that was the issue.

the light will come back on...cars usually don't fix themselves! P0090 has something to do with the fpr circuit I installed a new solenoid since I broke my previous one doing a head gasket. Also I had a bad second cat, I cut that out boost was a lot better and the code went away!

Not sure if this thread is dead, but I've been getting the same issue, except mine is coming on and off. I've been noticing that it seems to come back more consistently on hot days. The fact that it turns on and off leads me to believe it's an electrical and not mechanical issue. I ohm'd out the connections to the main relay and those are good, tried to tighten up the connectors on the solenoids but can't seem to get the terminals out. I will be revisiting this when I have some more time.

Some of you may be wondering why i'm doing this instead of going straight to the solenoid, and the fact is that I already replaced one and the code has returned, plus it seems a bit odd to me that two of them would trigger at the same time.

If anyone would like to try tightening the connectors and report back to me it seems like this may become a common issue as these cars gain some more miles. I spent some time working on Mercedes and they had a similar issue with older cars.

Back