Mazda Tribute to CX-5 Owners??

drew2100

:
2006 Mazda Tribute
Howdy Folks,

I currently own a '06 FWD V6 Tribute. I was wondering if any CX-5 owners came from a V6 Tribute to a new CX-5 2.5l and their impressions between the two. I like my Tribute except for the junky 4-speed automatic, very good brakes and decent power. I'm going to the auto show next weekend, but a few minutes seat time even on a test drive doesn't reveal everything.

How is the seating/interior room of the CX-5 vs the Tribute? I'm a big guy and the Tribute is comfortable. I've read that the CX-5 seats are on the smallish-side. Also, how is the overall real-world power of the 2.5 I4 vs the 3.0 V6? Any other likes/dislikes between the two cars? Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Drew

Howdy Folks,

I currently own a '06 FWD V6 Tribute. I was wondering if any CX-5 owners came from a V6 Tribute to a new CX-5 2.5l and their impressions between the two. I like my Tribute except for the junky 4-speed automatic, very good brakes and decent power. I'm going to the auto show next weekend, but a few minutes seat time even on a test drive doesn't reveal everything.

How is the seating/interior room of the CX-5 vs the Tribute? I'm a big guy and the Tribute is comfortable. I've read that the CX-5 seats are on the smallish-side. Also, how is the overall real-world power of the 2.5 I4 vs the 3.0 V6? Any other likes/dislikes between the two cars? Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Drew

Did you test drive one, its the best way?

Did you test drive one, its the best way?

No, not yet. Been working Mon-Sat past few months, hope to get a weekend off soon for a test. Often though, a 10 minute test drive doesn't reveal comfort issues that surface after a few weeks of ownership and a few hours behind the wheel on a long trip.

Back