So after looking at all the spoilers available to our cars...

BradsMozzy

:
03 Protege
I Operate a small fiberglass shop in Phoenix making molds, kits, spoilers and doing repairs. After some searching I found nobody really made what I was looking for. Everything seems to be bland, stock looking, or over the top "I'm a rally car!" stuff. What I really wanted was a trunk spoiler (not a wing, aerodynamically, there's a difference).
I had some free time and mocked up one for my Protege ("The Mozzy") this weekend. Here's some progress pics if anybody is interested.

xZs4CzN.jpg

TnpLQn4.jpg

DadYyCM.jpg

hI2wDpI.jpg

P2KpSYt.jpg

Gonna body work the ish out of it this week when I have time. (2thumbs)

Ok, pulled the new plug off the car and unmasked it as well. Fits great, still needs to be trimmed but you get the idea.

MFpyRXB.jpg

pUxGUCw.jpg

(thumb)

i'd be interested in a spoiler lip for the p5 if you'd be willing to make one. we had a group buy going with a bunch of interest with isport but they never got back to us

I might be interested once I see the final product! You forgot to blackout your plate in your second picture mate.

i'd be interested in a spoiler lip for the p5 if you'd be willing to make one. we had a group buy going with a bunch of interest with isport but they never got back to us

Somebody in the PHX area would have to lend me their car (or hatch) for about a week, otherwise I'd be happy to.

I might be interested once I see the final product! You forgot to blackout your plate in your second picture mate.

If there is enough interest in this thing I'll make a mold, do a run. How about a roof spoiler as well? Couldn't find that either...
The plate thing, I figure I drive around in a city with over a million people with it all just hangin' out every day, not a big deal (nervous)

More pictarez: after a little trimming and sanding:
bylyFen.jpg

nJ2vAoY.jpg

(laugh)

When you say roof spoiler, do mean the ones that the subarus have? On the top of their back window? If so, then yes, I need one.

i am def interested in one if it is a bolt down unit. T

Somebody in the PHX area would have to lend me their car (or hatch) for about a week, otherwise I'd be happy to.

If there is enough interest in this thing I'll make a mold, do a run. How about a roof spoiler as well? Couldn't find that either...
The plate thing, I figure I drive around in a city with over a million people with it all just hangin' out every day, not a big deal (nervous)

More pictarez: after a little trimming and sanding:
bylyFen.jpg

nJ2vAoY.jpg

(laugh)

Holy s***, I love it! You have some skills! How much for one?

You should stop by GMTNation.com or TBSSOwners.com as well, Trailblazer SS guys are looking for a rear hatch wing that was on the Trailblazer SS Concept truck that never made production. Lots of waiting around for one dude to try and make one and it ended up looking like ass.

i am def interested in one if it is a bolt down unit. T

They won't be, sorry. Double sided tape front and rear. I've done Merc/Porsche/Audi spoilers and never had a problem even after years. Stuff is amazingly strong.

Holy s***, I love it! You have some skills! How much for one?

Probably looking at $200 ea. Still working the plug, had a big boat job come through and it killed my free time, lol.

Update!
Finally had some free time after the boat project to hit the spoiler with some serious body work and primer. To the paint booth with ya!

9tyPrfJ.jpg

TDV5mV0.jpg

euLlcmc.jpg

(nana)

Holy crap that thing is cool. I kinda want one.

If you could produce a replica of the OEM sedan front lip I would want one of those as well.

Last edited:
If you could produce a replica of the OEM sedan front lip I would want one of those as well.

I could/would, but they are so hard to get a hold of. I'm just going to design and build one. Unless you know anyone in AZ that wants to loan theirs to me for a week while I mold it up?

coo coo - got far away shots - you planing on producing these?

These shots are a little bit further away, but its still in paint atm.
I'll get some from the front too, once its painted. Freaking wetsanding, bleh (rolleyes)

iK6Rf2O.jpg

ggY58Mh.jpg

and here is the (dusty) underside.

rLMJDYl.jpg

I will be producing them. Probably do a run of 5 or 6 at first.

A side profile shot would be a really cool shot from far away. also an angle shot from the front corner of the vehicle, once it's out of the booth.

Back