hey guys. good to be back but i got a problem .

hey gus, a few years ago i join the club love this site. but had problems that took me away from my car. fell from a 30' tall ladder and really messed my self up so been away for a while

anyway, i got this protege5 love the car but its starting to make problems for me the two big ones are the transmission and the engine. well the first
1. the engine runs fine has power and feel good but... it had a rough idle and it knocks when i add power. it goes away if im cursing or driving normal, but if i have to pass or gett on the power it kocks
and rattle sound come up. any one know what this is? im pretty handy with tools so i hoping i could fix it my self.

2. i have this problem with my trassion that it dosn't like to get into gear first thing in the morning. once its in gear the car drives fine it's just the first thing in the morning, or if i let it sit all day.

any idea what this is and if you guys can help me out thinks talk soon

The getting in gear issue is the synchros being worn, and it being old. Double clutch it when it's cold and it does fine

Try bleeding the clutch first before u drop the trans I used to have that issue but I bleed my clutch and its good now

Back