So Far, So Good

ncik88

:
CX-5 Grand Touring
Hello! I recently bought my 2014 CX-5 Grand Touring last Thursday and today I left work to the parking garage and noticed Freddie Krueger came by and left a scratch on my front bumper (really it was someone who couldn't drive in a parking garage). I tried to wax it out and it's a pretty deep scratch. How much do you think this scratch will cost to get re-painted/sanded? So far I am really enjoying the CX-5 and I will have a full review a month after driving. I have attached other pictures of Meteor Gray in case anyone is interested as well.
IMG-20130320-00135.jpg
IMG_0319.JPG
IMG_0329.JPG
IMG_0332.JPG

Last edited:
that sucks big time I assume you used some rubbing compound on that also and not just waxing it, it might help

If the scratch clips your nail when you run it across, then it cannot be polished off (which the deep gouge in the middle seems like). You can try Meguair's ScratchX which is a hand polish which has abrasives safe enough not to remove too much clear.

If you plan on repainting, it will cost AT LEAST $400 for a quality matching job since it is a MICA multistage paint.

Back