Stock/OEM spring rate for SkyActiv hatchback

Rogue

Red 5 Standing by
Contributor
:
2003 MSP
Does anyone know the stock spring rates for the SkyActiv hatchback, or any other variant? I would like to eventually lower the car, but not increase the stiffness. So I would like to compare the different lowering spring rates to the stock ones. Cutting the springs are out of the question.

Thanks!

I am not sure, but I know Corksport just came out with a set of springs for the 3 that are @25% increased spring rate over stock. I ordered a set and will be installing them this week (providing they come in by Thursday), so I'll let you know how I like them.

I am on H&R's right now. They are progressive and the ride quality is not too bad. However I would not recommend them for the Skyactiv as we have a lighter front end then the 2.5 and old 2.0.

In order to lower the car you are going to have to increase the spring rate. If you do not you'll be bottoming the suspension on the bump stops over every bump which will result in a terrible ride anyways. The progressive springs are good bet to maintain a more compliant ride while keeping your suspension working properly.

Back