Door Lock Demons

STE92VE

Zoom Zoom Zoom
:
2014 CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg
Before I get to the dealer, has anyone else experienced a similar episode with advanced keyless entry?

During the week, I'm the only driver and haven't had any issue with the auto lock settings. This past weekend, when I pulled up on the drive and attempted to unlock the passenger door for my wife with the switch on the driver door, nothing happened. Today, getting into the car after opening just the driver's door, I noticed that the door is automatically locking before I even get into my seat. Kinda weird. I've been playing around with the different settings and have gotten it to stop doing that but can't get the auto unlock to work, either shifting into P or IGN OFF.

Tried resetting to default but that didn't seem to do much....any suggestions?

This past weekend, when I pulled up on the drive and attempted to unlock the passenger door for my wife with the switch on the driver door, nothing happened.

Today, getting into the car after opening just the driver's door, I noticed that the door is automatically locking before I even get into my seat.

If the person is attempting to open the door while you unlock it causes a jam. You are unlocking the car while moving and the settings do not allow it.

There's something wedged between the key's buttons? Interference from something? (TV remote, FBI bugged car). This seems too weird I'd just go to the dealer. I mean what if it unlocks while you're away from your car?

The car was stopped and they weren't trying to open the door.

I checked the remote and it operates properly. The locking before I get into the seat was duplicated in 2 different locations, home & work. I will be taking it to the dealer, just wanted to find out if anyone else experienced strange locking behavior.

Well, the demons have been somewhat exorcised. This AM, the doors did not auto lock before I got into the driver's seat and I was able to manually lock & unlock the doors from the switch on the door whether the car was running or not, in gear or not. OTOH, the doors did not auto-unlock when I turned off the ignition as per the setting. I may just change the setting to auto-lock when shifting out of P and not have any auto-unlock feature since I think this would be the safest for whenever my wife uses the CX-5.

Another strange thing that I noticed but did not previously mention was that when the doors were auto-locking before getting into the car, the red diagram of which doors were open was not illuminated at all. Now that I think of it, this problem may be related to a faulty door closed/open sensor. If it happens again, I'll take note if the overhead lights are on or off too.

Back