Joining the P5 club -- finally!

Ever since they hit the scene over a decade ago, I was in love with the P5. 3 days ago I picked up a Classic Red 2002 (not 2002.5) 5-speed with 105k miles. And I'm loving it (especially after driving minivans for 9 years). I'm not terribly keen on tuning it to shave time off my 0-60. Just not my bag. But man this thing is fun to drive. :)

The wee bits that annoy me-- the color of the illuminated dash is frightful. The door lock sits too high and pokes the underside of my arm when I rest it on the door. Minor stuff.

And the day after I brought it home, the driver's headlight blew out :rolleyes: Maybe I'll do the HID retrofit.

I'll spend much more time lurking than posting. But I'm here. Finally.

Welcome to the forum.

The car has a lot of potential.

If the paint is still good, wax the hell out of it after a couple hours of claybar. It will look AWESOME.

Should take a couple more, but here is one.

a2w2uh.jpg

I've taken out the stereo and popped in one of those 7" touch screen stereos you see all over ebay. Had to Dremel and file down the double din trim plate to get it to fit (note: use the Metra kit, not the Scosche... easier to work with). Routed the GPS antenna to sit on the dash just next to the VIN plate. So far so good.

I do want the roof racks (previous owner took them off and it just looks ugly because they didn't put the covers in). A junkyard in town claims to have a set.

Paint is in fantastic shape. No rust (I looked and looked). Not sure if the timing belt has been done... I assume not since I bought it at 105k.

If you have no paper work for the timing belt i would get that done. PRO PARTS have a kit for a good price, have a look at there thread.

I'm new here too! I would definitely put the HIDs in. I put 10000k in mine and I love them. Are you going to need to restore your headlights? If so I heard the turtle wax headlight restoration kit is the way to go. I'm gonna give it a try! Nice car by the way!;)

Back