Let's take a poll: what colour is your CX-5?

Oslo, Norway....I was in Bodo and the people were amazing. I was young and in the Marines and walking to town when a group of teenagers (3 guys and 1 girl) picked me up and asked if I was an American Marine. They took me down to a restaurant near the docks and just starting buying all this food and having me test everything. I remember them asking if their Pepsi tasted like American Pepsi. I didn't have the heart to tell them theirs was pretty much flat. I started freaking thinking that I really didn't have any money on me and how was I going to pay for all this food. I kind of brought it up and they said don't worry about it. After lunch we started heading back to drop me off at the base. As we were heading back it came up somehow and I started teaching them American swear words and what they meant. It was the funniest thing...swear words for lunch and great time seeing all their favorite places around town. When I left Bodo some of the servicemen even received handmade sweaters. Great place....great times.

Hehe great story.

White/sand. It has only taken me fifty years of owning only black cars to accept that nope..I cannot or will not keep on looking the ay it has to for black to relly ORK. (I live 9/10ths of a mile off paved road. And ahh..there is o gravel, either, I basically offroad every day just to get to my mailbox and back. White works and here in the South, it doesn't show the pine pollen, either.) The RX-7 was black, and lived in the garage, and only was driven on sunny days..:). That worked.

White/sand. It has only taken me fifty years of owning only black cars to accept that nope..I cannot or will not keep on looking the ay it has to for black to relly ORK. (I live 9/10ths of a mile off paved road. And ahh..there is o gravel, either, I basically offroad every day just to get to my mailbox and back. White works and here in the South, it doesn't show the pine pollen, either.) The RX-7 was black, and lived in the garage, and only was driven on sunny days..:). That worked.
White is not that easy to keep clean either. I wash the car almost every day.

I went with the Stormy Blue, I love the way it pops in the sun but is subtle enough to look classy. I also wanted the sand interior. This is the first time that I actually cared about color when buying a vehicle and I am very happy that I did.

cx-5-first-day.jpg

So, all in all it seems that the situation as for CX-5 colors is the same as in Italy: white and grey dominate the scene.
It's been very interesting to me understanding one more time that nowadays car color trends are the same wherever you go: probably internet and the media impact on us stronger than I would expected.

Back