How to install a mazda protege5 bra front cover mask

Importprotege

:
Mazda Portege ES
Hi, recently i purchased a front cover mask bra for mazda protege 5, but they didn`t send me the instructions of how to install, so if some one of you have this could you please it to me it will be greatfull. Thanks

OK, you got 2 snap looking things and a screw that go in place of the top and bottom 2 fasteners of the bra in the front of wheel well liner on each side. You'll have to cut out the center oval area to go around your front license plate (if your state requires it) and since it is tight squeeze, it is easier to do this first so you can have the rest of bra free to maneuver it around the plate. I also remove the plastic thing air dam sticking down on the bottom of the car (4 10mm bolts) so you can get the velcro straps where they need to be that go in bottom of lower grill opening. After it is around the plate I hook the clip thingies on the sides behind headlight to hold it up while tucking in all the flaps around the grill and lights. After all that is in place then snap the 2 snaps in the wheel wells. Then connect the long bungy thing thru all the loops and put hook in slot where wheel liner meets the edge of the bumper skin right before it curves up into fender well. Connect the velcro straps thru lower grill between edge of grill and bumper and around it then put the air dam thing back on. The part for the hood just has 2 hooks that hook into holes in the hood and 2 straps with hooks that hook into other holes in hood near the hinges. You'll see what I mean when you start looking at it. I use mine for long frwy trips and frequent commuting on frwys in town but don't forget to take it off and clean it or small pebbles and crap will get between bra and paint and will start causing issues for paint. If parking in sun all the time, the covered part will look fresher than the exposed paint after a great while. I park in garage so this isn't an issue. Lemme know if you have any questions about more detail of any of the steps and if this is new it will be very tight fit.

323F_Mar2012_08.JPG

323F_Mar2012_09.JPG

323F_Mar2012_10.JPG

323F_Mar2012_11.JPG

I'm pretty sure the instructions are in the box for it at the house. If you need, I could bring them to work, scan them and save as pdf and email them to you. Lemme know if need me to.........

Wow, I wish I had that two years ago. My whole front bumper is all shredded with little paint scraps from road debris while driving 30,000 a year of highway commutes.

Back