Expells baby p5.

Expell

:
2003 Mazda Protege 5 Hatchback
I bought my car February 8th 2011, day i got my license. Fell in love with it when i saw it on Kijiji and test drove it. My mom talked me out of a manual, and didn't have my dads input since hes overseas 9 months of the year.
I brought her home and gave it a first bath. I bought it with 98XXX km, and a blown right front speaker aswell as the grille being chipped since day one.
59064df9-c642-4985-a00b-90d3bceda3f2.jpg

193839_10150111525232636_5344560_o.jpg

Didn't have a penny to my name after. but that's okay, I was on the road.
then when summer hit i started apprenticing as a mechanic, making money and parts at cost help fixing up a car :p first thing was first i tinted and bought big ol' 18s with 215/35/18 Champiro 328's.

f126f636-918a-4848-a2ea-c2f97f9e0999.jpg

I switched out my crankshaft sensor because my car was having a temperamental no-starts and did a basic tune up. coils, plugs, wires, seafoam, battery etc.. Then during my final year of highschool i got myself a little sound system to flash my car off in the parking lot :p

I got a Double-din Pioneer P2300,
5x7JL speakers for my front doors
and 6"JL speakers for my rears, powered by a 4-channel 240watt amp.
aswell as a 12" JL w1 sub in a JL slot-ported box. powered by a 600watt amp?
4b901c10-f5e9-4df2-b086-83540e4da37f.jpg

7a720222-7f28-484b-a9b7-190e1cf8c0e1.jpg

After months of not really worrying about my car thinking i was content with it i started browsing the 247forums i knew i needed MOAR LOW.. :l
so i picked up the Tokico ILK's from corksport. took a while to ship but i mean im not installing them till may.. Gosh darn Albertan winters. and yes. my cat loves them.
fadff006-86a5-42fb-8b9c-f6489a1dff56.jpg

As of now my car is just waiting for a suspension and making frequent trips to the mountains with my newly acquired Rack
12d04213-9c4c-48a5-9aee-d7126bdd881b.jpg

II'm looking for suggestions for the following of what i want next.
  • Front & Rear Sway Bars
  • Aftermarket Horn
  • Badgeless Grille
  • Bulbs for headlight and foglights
  • Other suspension items that would be useful in my ventures.

Last edited:
I can't see your pictures try this if you used photobucket:

Re: About Uploading Files
Yea photobucket has a learning curve, for every picture you have a direct link( you don't want) an image link ( you want) and paste that right into the thread. Once you have you will do them easily for pics, you should also be able to login right on photobucket website or use an app if you are doing this on a phone.

it looks a bit like this:

Image Links
Email & IM
Direct link
HTML code
IMG code
Update Link Options

You want IMG code You probably hit Direct link like I did.

I'm looking for suggestions for the following of what i want next.
  • Front & Rear Sway Bars
  • Aftermarket Horn
  • Badgeless Grille
  • Bulbs for headlight and foglights
  • Other suspension items that would be useful in my ventures.
What's your budget?
Maybe a drop-in K&N air filter or CAI.

What's your budget?

I spent ~$300 on a K&N CAI, but if I did it over I would buy a less expensive one like Injen (for example)- same result but less dough. I also spent $120 for an ebay exhaust, these are 2 inexpensive mods that will make a difference.
As far as your car, it looks great! I like how you have the blacked housing for headlights, and I am desperately waiting to upgrade my suspension too! Looks nice buddy

What's your budget?

I spent ~$300 on a K&N CAI, but if I did it over I would buy a less expensive one like Injen (for example)- same result but less dough. I also spent $120 for an ebay exhaust, these are 2 inexpensive mods that will make a difference.
As far as your car, it looks great! I like how you have the blacked housing for headlights, and I am desperately waiting to upgrade my suspension too! Looks nice buddy

no rust.. impressive

I've been looking at the weapon r intakes, exhaust would be my first performance mod if anything. not really a big rush for performance.. i want a nice stanced and great looking car before i need it fast. get people starring and drooling before i blow their doors off. and i've got a little rust starting on my rear panel right beside the wheel wells :( , but im going to get my back end repainted and debadged, my buddy has an old mx-3 so im going to take the old mazda logo and paste it where the logo is underneath the center of the rear window.

Hey

Are you getting as much snow as us to the east lol I'm getting real tired of this snow lol, calling for another 20-40 cms for tomorrow dam Canadian winters eh? Lol

Nice car man! Very clean

Are you getting as much snow as us to the east lol I'm getting real tired of this snow lol, calling for another 20-40 cms for tomorrow dam Canadian winters eh? Lol

Nice car man! Very clean

I'm in Eastern Canada and we have no snow on the ground and green grass in places with nothing but warm weather being called. Where are you?

OP car looks good so far.

best bang4yourbuck intake you can is buying simply aluminium piping from ebay and use a k&n cone intake!

Mom talked you out of a manual?! (boom05) ouch. My kids won't get cars till they can drive stick to my satisfaction, I don't care if I have to keep my 20 year old rust bucket truck another 20 years.

Nice looking car otherwise.

So just to update, put my summers back on the other day and installed my tokico 5 point adjustable struts with tokico lowering springs 1.5" . And got the weapon R "secret weapon" SRI. After having a nasty vacuum leak :(. I'll try and throw up some pictures in the next day or two.

Back