Double DIN Radio to Single (I've done my due diligence)

mister_pond

:
2003 Protege 5
I have a spare single-DIN deck that I want to put into my '03 P5 which currently is outfitted with the OEM double-DIN system. I'm having a helluva time locating a kit that will adapt the single to the double fitting so I'm hoping at least one of you may have experience with this.

To douse a potential flame war, I have done my due diligence: searches on this forum and many others have turned up flat - only providing me removal FAQs and rewiring guides. Those were great but not what I need. Scavenging craigslist and kijiji have turned up flat as well as looking at Gentec's catalogs has been futile. I've called my local dealer, mechanic, Canadian Tire, and Futureshop's auto department. Why the hell is it so hard to find a retailer or part number for a single din kit with a pocket?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's my setup with the Mazda Open Pocket:

IMG_0306.jpg

It'll run you about $30 + shipping from
here.

Pocket P/N - B02A669M0A
Support Bar P/N - TA06669B1

The MSP one will cost you a bit more. I'm perfectly happy with my open pocket style since it's used pretty often.

I installed the single DIN radio on the 'bottom' and covered the top with a piece of aluminium sheet bent to fit with a fancy sticker on it!

Back