Footwell LEDs

Jackie chan

:
Pro5
Hey guys, I've got some led strips that I want wired to work with the dome light. I'm pretty noobular at wiring and need to know the best way of doing this. would I just splice the power wire with the dome light wire and ground the other one? If so, which wire is the dome light wire? I would rather not pull the headliner to trace it.

Does it run up the A piller or B pillar

there's a how-to somewhere, basically you just tap into a couple wires feeding into your cluster

I already read that beforehand and didnt see how it applied to what I have.

My strips only have two wires: power and ground.
In those instructions you have to connect leads to both the yellow/red and the blue/red wires and a ground I would assume. So thats what the harness is for.

The two wires coming from the dome light are blue/red and yellow/red. Are they the same as the ones pictured in the instructions?

I guessed that they were.

I got into the dome light and hooked up a strip to different combos of the wires and grounds. I got them to come on when connected to the blue/red and ground, but they didnt turn off after I closed the door,

so I figured the blue/red was for the "on" position and the yellow/red would be for the "door" position
I hooked the wires up to the yellow and ground and nothing happened, door closed or not.

Then I looked back through the instructions and figured those wires were the same wires as the ones I was playing with.
Then theorized that maybe I had to connect both my wires to both the yellow and blue in order to achieve "Door"

WRONG Snap, Crackle, Pop.

Shorted it out and was like oh god im retarded. I just took a fairly in depth Direct current class last quarter.
Now "Door" doesnt work anymore at all on the regular bulb. But "on" still works.
Everything else seems fine, so its not that big of a deal.

But now its time for bed.

Last edited:
Back