My new 290,000km 2008 CX-9

brendwal

Yes, I just bought an '08 GT full load with 290k... Car is like new - single owner, service records, no accidents. Runs smooth, quiet, tight, no issues. I got it for 50% less than a similar model with regular mileage for an '08. I figured what the hell - even if the engine and tranny go it'll still be much less than paying market value for an average mileage one. I could drop a near new engine in and still save many thousands. I paid $11k in vancouver, bc. They don't sell for under $24k similar equipped.

So just a ringing endorsement to all you CX-9'ers out there wondering how many miles you may have on yours. I'm at 290k km and runs smooth, quiet, and no noticeable tiring. Comments? Am I crazy? Apparently all hwy miles as well.
:)

Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase. So it is Kilometers? If so, it is ~180K miles, still high, probably mostly hwy miles given the age of the car.
I hope mine makes it to 200K miles, right now only 24K (2010) and I have had it for 2 months only.
I have a Dodge Caravan at 151K miles with original engine/transmission, showing its age with oil seeping and creaking body parts, but still running around, so I expect more from my Mazda.

Yes, my mileage is in kilometres.... it's quite remarkable how "fresh" and lively it seems. I guess my concerns should be more about bearings, pumps, that type of stuff?

Hello. My cx-9 2008 also has 286,000 km. The center of the car is well maintained, only the problem is a soft varnish and the car rides on the highways where the little stones hit the paint. I replaced the transfer box and regenerated the input to the gearbox. Friends do not believe that he has so much traveled because he looks very good.

Back