Search Engine Question

pcb

The Diagram Dude
:
2002 MP5
In an effort to try to reduce the 40+ pages of results for a search I was wondering if there was a way to combine two words together in a search. When I searched for shifter bushings, I got all the results for any post with either word in the post. I tried "shifter bushing" 'shifter bushing' shifter_bushing and (shifter bushing) but always got the 20 pages of results for either word "shifter" or "bushing" in the post.

im with pcb the search engine on this site sucks balls i usually just google and go to the m247 links that pop up

No,... I was using that as an example. (although I am looking into shifter linkage bushings)
If you were to enter "shifter linkage bushing" in the M247 search engine, it would give you every result with the word "shifter", "linkage" or "bushing" in it, which would be about 10 million listings. I want to search for "shifter linkage bushing" and only get the list of posts that have those three words together in sequence not things like "short shifter" and "control arm bushing" or "sway bar linkage". Adding more words to a search should make it more specific not expand it towards infinity.
I did learn to go to advanced search and click on "search titles only" and only search in the P5 forum, but I want to reduce my search results to a manageable number not 40 freakin pages of post titles alone.

Use Google

if I was looking for info on the AAC brake hack I would type

24/7 brake hack AAC

if u wanted info on how to do a rear bearing I would type.

mazda how to rear bearing.

Duh, why use a match when you have a flashlight

For those who don't already know,...

Site Specific Search:
Often, you want to search a specific website for content that matches a certain phrase. Even if the site doesn't support a built-in search feature, you can use Google to search the site for your term. Simply use the "site:somesite.com" modifier.

Example: "shifter linkage bushings" site:mazdas247.com

This will give results from only mazdas247.com and only the three words together as a phrase.

Last edited:
This site's search feature has been bad since it originally went live...its not this site's fault specifically, as the site search is a built in adapter with Vbulletin...and no site's using this functionality are any good at it...

but, as far as mazdas247 specifically...its a combination of the above...as well as users posting new threads when there are already thousands in place related to mostly the same thing...not only that, the original 'question' by the original poster gets ignored...or they don't return to say if the feedback helped or not, and it just dead ends...in which case, the next user posts the same thing all over again...

but yeah, google is far superior at finding strings more relevant to a specific group of words...Vbulletin's search just attaches itself to the exact word you type...not any type of 'learning' to make results at all specific...

I've figured out how to cut and paste from the FSM to a post.

In the Abobe Acrobat reader you click edit then click snapshot then click and drag the rectangle over the entire page (the rectangle only seems to cover one page so if the section you want to highlight covers more than one page, you might have to do it more than once)
The size of the diagram (or page) on your Adobe Reader is transferred to paint. It's easier to copy your desired size first than to do it in paint.

I copied the PDF file to Paint to convert it to JPEG then I uploaded to photobucket then clicked "add photo" copied and pasted the URL to this post and all I got was that stupid icon thing.

Re: About Uploading Files
Yea photobucket has a learning curve, for every picture you have a direct link( you don't want) an image link ( you want) and paste that right into the thread. Once you have you will do them easily for pics, you should also be able to login right on photobucket website or use an app if you are doing this on a phone.

Now I have to figure out how to take pictures,... They're all blurry.
Update: I was too close,.. I need to be at least five feet away and use zoom.

If you use facebook to enter photobucket, you don't have to use a password

Last edited:
Back