O2 stuck at 0.45, A/F Full rich

onequickmsp

:
03.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
Hey guys,
I need help! I recently went for an emissions test and failed the curb idle miserably! Limit is something like 0.62 and I was at 8.54. My mechanic hooked up the scanner and found that the o2 sensor is stuck at 0.45 and won't budge. I ran sea foam, then give it an oil change and replaced the 02 sensor, spark plugs, and CAT with similar results. I also bought a can of MAF cleaner and cleaned the MAF. Hooked it up to the snap-on scanner and the curb idle is between 8-10 and the o2 is still stuck at 0.45. I can't figure out what's causing this. I know that this only started to happen after I installed my H.I.D's but that shouldn't have anything to do with it, right?

All this happened after I installed my HID kit. I asked the shop about it and they told me one had nothing to do with the another. There is no way that an HID kit could mess up an O2 sensor. I looked at the install, and everything looks right. Could the HID's really mess things up? I also notice that my Optima Redtop battery is draining. I had to get a couple jump starts already. Could the HID's being draining the battery, even if the car is off??

I'm lost for words.
Mazda wants $109 an hour to hook it up to there scanners and I know they are just going to replace all possibilities (everything).

Back