Disable Seat Belt Warning Beep

backpackerx

:
2014 CX-5 Touring w/Tech
Anyone have the dealer disable the seat belt warning beep? The manual says the dealer can do this.

I'm finding it very annoying when I unbuckle as I get on my driveway or when my wife unbuckles in a parking lot when I'm getting ready to let her out.

For the record, I always wear a seatbelt when driving and have my passengers buckle up too but the dropping off at the store entrance or other brief, slow speed issues are really annoying since it will continue to beep for a while even after parking or re-buckling.

Maybe leave it buckled till you put it in park? Are you jumping out while the car is still moving? :confused:

I think the manual says (mine's not handy at the moment) that the chimes will come on above 5 or 10 miles an hour. I find it annoying too, when I'm approaching my parking spot and remove my belt prior to stopping. Just a habit I've got.

I, too, wear a belt at all times, and don't like being reminded constantly. Most cars I've had beep at you 8 or 10 times when you first start the car, if you're not strapped in yet. I think it's a bit of overkill by Mazda by reminding you after you've already strapped in. I'd turn the damn thing off if I knew how.

I'm with Nizzy. I don't understand what the issue is. Why exactly are you removing your seat belt before stopping? Or in the case of letting the wife out, how long does it really sound? It stops once she gets out of the seat, right? So this is a 10 or 15 second issue? Sorry, I guess I just can't relate to this being a problem worth addressing.

I am sure the dealer could disable it if you really wanted that. I agree with others, I don't see the issue but to each their own.

I noticed this yesterday when dropping my wife off. The seat belt chime started going off before I had stopped. I looked over and she had already undone it before we had stopped moving. I agree that issue here is the unsafe practice of undoing the seatbelt before you are actually about to get out. Just wait the extra five seconds and there's no problem.

My CX-5 beeps only for 5 seconds when my front passenger unbuckles and only once when one of the rear passengers makes it. That's very very better than my previous Peugeot 307SW did... It didn't stop until passenger went out of car.

Back