Dilemma

Arnold63

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring
Okay ladies and gentlemen,I have a dilemma. The last week in March I am taking a trip to Memphis to eat some BBQ and listen to some blues. By the time I leave I will have about 3500 miles on my new CX-5. It will be approximately 2000-2500 miles total for the trip. Heres the dilemma. Should I change tho oil before leaving? Should I forget it and change it when I get back? Or should I find a dealer down there and try and get a free first oil change out of them? Opinions please and thank you!

Why would a dealer you didn't buy the car from give you a free oil change? Am I missing something?

Since it's a new car, I think I'd go ahead and change it before you leave. Just me, though. You'd probably be OK either way.

The dealer down there prob won't give you a free OC. The dealer you buy your car from usually throws in the free OC to get you to use their service dept where they make most of their $$.
I'd say change it after you get back. The owner's manual had 75k mile OC intervals anyways & since you're going to be traveling by hwy, you're not going 'over' the recommended intervals.

I'd make sure the oil level was topped off, check it again half way through the trip and change it after you get back.

Personally I would probably just wait till I got back. But then again it won't hurt to do it now.

Thanks for your opinions! Hey, it cant hurt to try and get a free oil change! I mean,brand new Mazda and traveling to their area to spend my hard earned tourist dollars. I'll probably just wait till I get back. It will still be well within service limits.

Agreed. I'd wait. Top off, check like suggested.

Afterall, extended highway miles/less engine load, and fewer operating temp cycles is alot easier on engine oil than ordinary driving and commuting.

Back