New to Mazdas247 forum

averyjea

Hi there, I'm in the market for a p5. I really like them, but my husband is concerned about reliability. Is this car reliable or will I have to put some work into it. The original one I was looking at had 104k miles, but its sold now. Now I might look at one with 154k on it. Please, help me out should I get a Mazda3 instead? I really like the gas mileage and looks of the mazda's hatchback and wagon.

as logn is it hasnt been used and abused its a pretty reliable car with pretty good gas mileage. but also take in mind that we're talking about a 10+ year car. so dont be surprised if it would need a few maint. things here and there like a few rust spots around the rear wheel wells. possible bad wheel bearings at that mileage. worn motor mounts. so all pretty simple and expected repairs for the mileage and age of the vehicle. but all and all good daily cars. my girlfriends P5 has 185XXX miles on it and still runs pretty strong, burns about a quart of oil between oil changes due to its hard life that its had but no issues other than that

You're probably better off getting a newer car... but you can probably find one that's been taken care of if you take your time.

Im new here as well - been searching pretty frantically on autotrader and kijiji for a 2k3 MP5 5spd in Toronto
But I do plan to budget in repairs over the course of time.. I just love the style of this car.. [ a poor mans audi a3 ]

Just trying to find one in good condition with very minimal rust (which is hard down here in Toronto with the snow and salt)

Hopefully I can find one fully loaded with leather/sunroof in midnight blue.. but the cloth seats are not too shabby either. When I saw the cloth seats in person I was pretty impressed with the quality for a 10yr old car

Back