sport verse standard suspension

jscott

:
03 spicy orange MSP
this is prolly a dumb question, but I need new calipers and they have options for sport suspension and standard suspension....don't ALL speed protege's have sport? or was it an option?

No, neither msp or mp3 is in sport suspension. Not sure why as it would make since, seems more like since they have the better suspension that category would be for them.

Any parts store can get your calipers, just make sure you get caliper paint and paint them after cleaning the oil off or they will be rusted in a week

No, neither msp or mp3 is in sport suspension. Not sure why as it would make since, seems more like since they have the better suspension that category would be for them.

Any parts store can get your calipers, just make sure you get caliper paint and paint them after cleaning the oil off or they will be rusted in a week

The parts store is who asked me if it was sport or standard suspension....So thats why I was hoping to figure it out before getting the parts and be disappointed when they are wrong.....I'm going saturday to get them...Fingers crossed they will be right

i know our front brakes are the same as a 2002 626 v6. maybe you can compare it if they have one of those in stock.

i know our front brakes are the same as a 2002 626 v6. maybe you can compare it if they have one of those in stock.

I will check the autozone to see on that....and Tweety, autozone is the place asking if it's sport or standard

I just checked autozone and the part number for the 02 626 v6 is c9494 and c9495 (left and right front caliper) the "sport suspension" calipers for the MSP part numbers are c9596 and
c9597 (left and right front caliper) and for "standard suspension" are c9960 and c9961 (left and right front caliper).....from the picture the "sport" look the same shape....the "standard" have a funky shape on the back side (piston side)....what sucks is autozone has the "sport" in stock but the "standard" need to be special ordered and this is my DD and i'm taking the calipers off so I don't have to front the core charge.....thanks for all the help so far, just hoping I get a def answer lol....when I looked up the msp stock features it noted it having "sport suspension

i stopped messing with autozone and advance. i just go to napa. they have the different calipers for the msp and a picture of it online. they actually know in their system what the mazdaspeed model is lol: http://puu.sh/2ukIu/797e525c3b

gluck man!

Latest posts

Back