Tein basic damper coilovers

:
2002 P5 Wag
Anyone had these yet?

I'm looking at them as a suitable replacement for my S-Tech's and Tokico blues setup I currently run. The main reason I'm opting for new springs - the front end is diving now that the struts/springs have had time to settle. Plus - it doesn't ride like a sporty car any longer - since putting the KL in it. She gained about 150 lbs in the front-end and those springs aren't rated for that load. So.....

I'm looking at a set of Probe GT Tein Basic Dampers. The Probe guys have been using Protege coilovers for awhile because we have more of a selection of real coilovers. This set is much heavier and support the weight of the Probe GT - like 9kgf/500lbs in front and 6kgf/340 in the rear. Should stiffen it up quite a bit......lol.

I think I'm still going with the Tein's.

After research - I see where it lacks in adjustment (besides rebound/compression - doesn't really go that low), but these do shine in a few areas that make them worth it in my opinoin.

Cost - definite plus, being that I need to get something else on there ASAP.
Springrate - stiff enough to handle the added weight of the KL
Warranty - ...just incase sh!t hits the fan I can get them fixed.

MOst of all the cost really caught me. I'm not Auto-Xing this car any more - so I just want something stiffer than stock and a mild drop. No "slammed" life for me - especially around the Houston area.......

CR3 motorsports has these on his car currently, I know he has to have them fixed a while back. Either way he can get you them or other coils for great prices.

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)
tein-usa's store on ebay.

Called them and they had to run through a bunch of measurements, comparisons between the 2 setups (probe vs protege5), and finally bit the bullet. Looks like these are going to allow me to absolutely SLAM the ol' girl....I'm talking because of the shorter strut tubes..I can sit it on the ground....lol.

But.....It does appear that I may have to find another way to connect my swaybar - the coilovers I got do NOT have mounting tabs. Ideas? Trying to think outside the box here.

***and before you say "you should've ordered the right sh!t the first time" or some crap like that - these were in my budget and they'll serve me well.

And if they don't fit......I'll just resell them to someone on PTalk. There's always someone over there looking for coilovers for cheap.

steel bracket bolted through the strut mount. it will take a little fabricating, but it should work.

Back