How Low Can You Go?

Okay well i need the same help then
im thinking about megans aswell or tokico's and i want to bump up my rims and tires abit if i lower it and i go with a 17x9.75 wheel with 25 offset and a 215/40-17 tire will i be okay??

205-60-16 WILL RUB.
you should go 205-45-16 or 205-50-16 to minimize impact on your speedo and not rub! best of both worlds ^^

like i said, I am using P205/50R16 Fusion Tires on a Enkei Racing, Light weight Rim. I shouldn't have a problem according to you guy's experience....
I decided to make my own custom end links I used the write up in the "How-To" thread and modified to fit the rear end. They came out VERY nice, I am sure they will out last & out preform the OEM Links. I will post a write up with pictures soon.

Tire CIRCUMFERENCE determines the precise final drive ratio...so technically, that is whats effecting everything with this...but for simplistic purposes, generally an increase in diameter automatically increases circumference of a circle...

so yeah, what everyone else said accept the first response...A larger tire circumference decreases the final drive ratio (makes every gear uniformly 'taller'), causing the same speed to occur at a lower drivetrain rpm...but the speed sensor(s) doesn't 'see' this change, as they are recording rotational speed at other locations...so you loose speedo accuracy, but only marginally unless you're way out of spec tire size wise...if you're ever worried about it, just use a gps system in areas you're not familiar with where cops typically hang out...the GPS speed rating will remain accurate regardless of all this gearing bs...

despite the speedo issue... I've always recommended going slightly higher in tire size than lower...these cars are already ridiculous rev wise in 5th at highway speed...anything to help lower that is welcome imo...

Back