Navigation Voice Control Gone - Car thinks it's in Canada

Has anyone experienced a loss of voice control in the navigation system immediately upon start up? After the car starts the voice prompt starts screaming about not being able to use voice control in this country and I lose all voice control through nav. Nothing changed on my end it just started doing this a few weeks back. I finally found some sort of message at the top of the welcome screen saying it was loading the Canada map, so I think the car thinks it's in Canada. I'm in Wisconsin, so not that far off? But in all seriousness, I have to get this fixed I paid too damn much for this already unsatisfactory unit, and now it doesn't even work. I tried factory resetting it but that didn't work. I'm going to try and take the SD card out today and hook that up to try and fix it but beyond that, I'm not too sure what I can do. Anyone have this issue?

-bk

I have read that the US and Canada is one map so the map load message may not be an error. I don't use TomTom voice control...

Canada and US is one map, but likely it's lost eh!

Voice control is pathetic, even in Canada.

I only ever add things to my favorites and then say "Drive to Favorite" and then say the number from the list as it is presented. That and "drive home" are about the only voice commands that seem to work reliably.

Honestly it wouldn't piss me off that much, but at start up it gives this error message saying "voice control navigation is not available in this selected country" like 5 times in a row. I'll be taking it to the dealer this week for the 15k tuner anyway, so we'll see what they have to say.

Update for anyone that cares, took the car in to the dealer today and they were all like... uh... we don't know. They guy is now calling Mazda and will call me with an update.

Mine does something simila occasionally. "Stopping voice control...Stopping voice control". Then the message about voice control not working for the country I am in.
I remove the sd card, then put it back in. Fixes it for a while.
Come to think of it, it hasn't happened again since the last time, which was probably November.

Last edited:
Yeah that's exactly what it does, I'll pull the card again today and see if that works. I wonder what could be causing it? Did it all of the sudden just start to happen one day?

This happens to me too. Sometimes it says it is because of the country, but other times it says because of the language selected. Very annoying every time you start the car to have it say 3 times in a row "stopping voice control". :eek:

Back