1.5k resistor wiring

whatusername

:
02 protege5
Hey guys I'm installing a remote start alarm on my p5 n i am up to the door locks part it says i need a 1.5k resistor for the locks to work cuz its a 1 wire system on our cars.Anyone have detailed wiring.for this? Do i need just 1 resistor? Or Could i just tap into the Remote Keyless Entry brain wire harness or door lock control module? I would think they have the resistor built in. I searched but not folund any detailed info. On this. .........thanks in advanced

Last edited:
What brand of starter? If it has only negative lock outputs (older code alarms had lock outputs that were both + and- depending on what they were doing at a given moment) then it is quite easy to do. Wire the unlock wire right to the lock/unlock wire in the car. (Can't remember the color off the top of my head). Then put the resistor in line with the lock wire from the starter and the same wire in the car. When you press unlock, a straight ground pulse is given to the car and unlocks the doors. (Actually will just do the drivers door, a second pulse will unlock the rest of them). When you press lock, a negative pulse is sent through the resistor to the wire in the car, locking the doors.

magicar fai 8100 i have had it a few years but never used it and it has a neg wire and a pos wire for door locks and ok i think i understand what u mean. so both outputs go to the exact same wire but 1 output the lock has to have the resister inline before attaching to the wire the unlock is connected to right? and if so do i connect then at the same location or a separate location on the single wire from the car?

You can hook them both at the same spot, and yes you have the right idea. I haven't ever dealt with that brand, I will try to look into it tomorrow if I remember to get a better idea of the lock outputs for you.

Thank you You were correct both wires get connected to the green with red stripe just a 1.5k resistor on the lock wire....

Last edited:
Back