Familia Sport20

Okay! As long as it was relatively safe ;)

That could be the nail in the coffin. And thats quite odd. But i suppose the Australian and Japanese standards might not have changed at the same time as American ones. This is where we need an Aussie to chime in if they're willing to. Lol.

Is it fine if I bug you and ask why? Im guessing its how the OBDI and II read their sensors and interpret data. And how the engines run on the different systems and the parameters and whatnot? Would the OBDII/I also tie into the other systems of the car such as HVAC? Or is the OBD stuff solely to do with the ECU?

im not trying to hear my self talk, just trying to offer to what I think I may already know. Being that the car runs off OBDI, if all other aspects were the same as far as chassis, hypothetically, would the car be importable and deemed "near the similar model" or because of the OBDI/II difference, it wouldn't work.

It is possible with cost of harness sensors never passing emissions and possible seizure of the car if government wanted to be a dick about it.

Its really not worth doing anything non USDm to our cars, it sucks but you can get over that fact or build another car. USDm protgs were big about emissions when made outside the us is another story

You would need to bring everything from a working ADM P5, over to the JDM SP20, including but not limited to.

wiring harness, ECU, Injectors, throttle body, TPS, Mass Air, IAT, Speedo Cluster, Fuel Pump and Fuel level unit, You would need to install ABS sensors on all 4 corners on driveshafts that do not have sensor rings. Key Fob module, Air Bag module, fuse panel.

You could better use the time to build a Zonda R, because at the end of the day, nobody would give a s*** about a 4WD 10 year old car, imported and registered on the continent of the United States.

i would like to add that if you say that the car must be OBD2 to import, you would need to go to Japan for two weeks to convert the car, then fly back to petition your import.

Back