Eibach Pro kit spring/strut question

sparkstyl

:
02 P5
Hey Everyone,

I want to put on the Eibach Pro Kit springs to get better look and more handling. From every form that I have seen says "If your going to do lower springs that you will want to do struts as well." Why is this?

Also is a need to do with the springs or can I use the stock struts.

Thanks guys.

I ran those springs for a few years on stock struts and had no problems. I recently installed Kyb struts with them and although they aren't bad, I actually think I liked the stock struts better.

because if you use lowered springs on the stock struts, its going to cause premature damage to the struts because it hasnt been engineered for the new ride height and spring rates, so yes it is preferable that you buy aftermarket struts for lowered springs

if you're an idiot like me, put lowered springs on stock struts until they blow, lol

^ your not an idiot, it makes perfect sense as when they do blow you dont have to explain to a significant other why your spending $500 for struts! How long have you been running lowered springs on the stock struts?

But you explanation of why you want to put aftermarket struts also makes sense.

^ your not an idiot, it makes perfect sense as when they do blow you dont have to explain to a significant other why your spending $500 for struts! How long have you been running lowered springs on the stock struts?

But you explanation of why you want to put aftermarket struts also makes sense.

I bought tein springs & KYB front struts only, so my rear struts will be running on lowering springs... ill have them installed soon but im expecting to spend a few bucks to replace the rear struts

FWIW aftermarket struts are not built for use with lowering springs. They might be valved differently than stock but that is as far as it goes. Old struts wear out or blow because they are old, spring height and rate have nothing to do with it. They are made as factory/stock replacement and have the same dimensions.

hey you are in cam? i visit there alot. back on topic it is easier to do everything at once rather than take it all apart again later on down the road. alot of people here recommend blues. ive got illuminas and run them on 2 or 3 usually. but i know guys who use kybs and eibach and they ve had them for years. the prokit isnt too much drop so youll be fine with any of those.

Ok well I have been convinced you all you and a friend that it will be best for me to just save up the money and do it all at once.

Thanks guys.

Back