Stance/Coilovers

slamedp5

:
2003 mazda protege 5
Im trying to figure out what coilovers offer the most adjustment for the protege5. I'm going for a hellaflush look and want to be as low as possible what coilovers should I buy. I am looking at bc racing br coilovers but is there a better coilover that would have more adjustment.

Are you going for the super retarded super camber or just some mild camber? As much as I am against the whole fad I do kinda like some mild camber on some cars. Check out rars build thread

Look at Bc, Ksport, Yellowspeed and Tein, maybe even checkout Megan racing.
I believe Rar is on yellowspeed and I just ordered myself the Ksport.

All i know is if you're wanting super low...you can't run something like Tein SS dampers...you'll need coil overs with full threaded shock tubes...which most have, save what i just mentioned...not to debate it; but don't even bother with the more expensive Tein's that do have full threading...those are NOT for looks, you'd be spending $2000 on racing dampers only to dump the car on the road...you can get your appearance with much more affordable parts, thats all...

my preference for that stuff is always relative to the wheel width and how crazy they go...some guys do it very tastefully and i think it looks pretty good...some guys do it to 'touch frame' or whatever with wheels cambered out to a degree that it looks like a control arm broke...no thanks...

to each their own though...i'm a function over form type of guy...some things that are great for function, also end up making things look good...but if it hurts function, i don't see the point...just please don't run wider wheels in back to look like a RWD...THAT is unacceptable imo haha...

Yea I'm a big fan of Rars protege and I don't plan on a lot of camber everything is going to be mild 8.5 inch wheels a little poke and a mild 205 stretch and little camber and I will definitely look into the k-sports, teins, Yellowspeeds, and Megan's and thanks for the info

All i know is if you're wanting super low...you can't run something like Tein SS dampers...you'll need coil overs with full threaded shock tubes...which most have, save what i just mentioned...not to debate it; but don't even bother with the more expensive Tein's that do have full threading...those are NOT for looks, you'd be spending $2000 on racing dampers only to dump the car on the road...you can get your appearance with much more affordable parts, thats all...

my preference for that stuff is always relative to the wheel width and how crazy they go...some guys do it very tastefully and i think it looks pretty good...some guys do it to 'touch frame' or whatever with wheels cambered out to a degree that it looks like a control arm broke...no thanks...

to each their own though...i'm a function over form type of guy...some things that are great for function, also end up making things look good...but if it hurts function, i don't see the point...just please don't run wider wheels in back to look like a RWD...THAT is unacceptable imo haha...

Not to thread jack

You should see the 323 right now 205-50-15 up front 185-60-14 in the rear. With the rear rake it looks rediculous/ awesome. A friend of mine called it pounce stance.

you're gonna also wanna look into something like hypercoil springs, they're shorter than the stock springs coilovers come with and come in a variety of different rates

Alright should I do hyper coils springs instead of custom bc coilovers they bc says you can customize them to get different heights

Back