A wheel question...

:
03 Protege 5
Hello everyone, I do apologize if this question has been asked a million times. I was unable to find the specific information I am looking for through searching

According to http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp ,

If I am running a wheel that is 16 x 7 with a +43 offest, and a 205/50/16 tire, I will be 7mm, or .3" farther out, compared to the stock 16 x 6, +50 with the same tire...205/50/16.

I am not lowered yet, but I will be before I purchase any set of wheels, and supposedly my set up (tokico blue strut/spring kit) lowers me about 1.5 inches.

I know right now on stock suspension, I would not have to do any fender modification because I have enough fender clearance. I am not sure, however, if I will have to modify anything once I am lowered. I do not really want to get into rolling my fenders and the like, so I was going try to stick with at least a +45 wheel (which leaves an undesirable amount of choices, I have to say), but I found a set of +43 wheels that I really like, and are a good weight/finish.

I suppose I could lower my car and then measure, but figured someone probably knew.

Again, sorry if this is a repeated question

Thanks!

Front will be fine.

Back could stand a small roll, but it's not going to be a necessary.

I'm a lot lower than that, on 205/50/15's, and I have rolled rear fenders... your tires are going to bubble more than mine, and should fit under better.

You shouldn't have to do anything imo. I think the wheel and tire will clear everything even after you lower it.

you will be 12mm further out with that combination, but you could use the stock size tire of 195/50/16 and be 7mm out.

you will be 12mm further out with that combination, but you could use the stock size tire of 195/50/16 and be 7mm out.

I run 205 50 16 now, so I was under the impression I'd be 7mm out from my current set up? According to that tire calculated I posted anyway.

Back