front brake caliper and rotors replaced

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Ok, I finally got all my parts in. Centric calipers, Ate rotors and Centric Posi-quiet pads.

I used PB Blaster and sprayed that on the bolt head area and gap between the caliper and strut; I drew in red arrow marks in the pictures below. I left if for over half an hour and came back and it came off easily. No need for a torch. Here are some general pictures.

I worked on the left/driver's side first.
Left old caliper
04_left_old_caliper_above_zps6a46e3b3.jpg

left old caliper
05_left_old_caliper_below1_zps358a2c56.jpg

right old caliper
06_right_old_caliper_below2_zps5fb5067c.jpg

right old caliper
07_right_old_caliper_below3_zps793419d9.jpg

disc and caliper from left-side removed.
08_left_caliper_disc_removed_zps73be0c75.jpg

disc and caliper on left-side installed.
09_left_new_caliper_disc_installed_zps2ce451e2.jpg

10_left_newcaliper_zps7d459083.jpg

11_left_new_disc_zps9e122470.jpg

disc and caliper from right-side removed
12_right_caliper_disc_removed_zpsed303dab.jpg

disc and caliper on right-side installed.
13_right_new_caliper_disc_installed_zpsede6506c.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!

Clean the calipers with Simple Green[tm] every time you wash the car and they will keep looking great!

yeah looks good...you did bleed the calipers after, right?
Yes. :)
I did the rear calipers last year.

To note, I couldn't fit poth the brake pad clips on the right caliper, but I could on the left caliper. It was molded differently. I compared it to my old caliper and this notch was bigger. Weird. So, I could only install one of the two clips. It was a really tight fit anyway, which is the purpose of the clips anyway, to make the pads fit tight.

You can see the clip here. But, it's not on the bottom side. The two outward-pushing springs are in place.

Yes. :)
I did the rear calipers last year.

To note, I couldn't fit poth the brake pad clips on the right caliper, but I could on the left caliper. It was molded differently. I compared it to my old caliper and this notch was bigger. Weird. So, I could only install one of the two clips. It was a really tight fit anyway, which is the purpose of the clips anyway, to make the pads fit tight.

You can see the clip here. But, it's not on the bottom side. The two outward-pushing springs are in place.

i actually did the same thing this weekend minus the new rotors and i to ran into the problem with the clip turned out i had them on backwards, those clips are actually curved some what (molded like you said)

Back