Difference between the 2013 and 2014 CX-5?

Caspan

:
2013 Mazda CX-5
Did a quick Search but looking if there were any changes between the 2013 CX-5 and 2014? Did Mazda just stick a new year sticker on it or did they change anything?

The main difference is they now offer a 2.5L engine, instead of just the 2.0L. More power, very little difference in fuel economy.

There's a review of the 2014 at Car and Driver, among other places.

Or 29 more HP, EPA ratings; 1 mpg difference city and highway, 2 mpg difference combined.

Not much. Pandora radio and text message display(maybe voice read out as well) through the head unit are the only other additions that I am aware of.

Last edited:
SCBS in the Tech package... Soul Red and metro gray colour option (good bye zeal red and metro gray)

Last edited:
Not much. Pandora radio and text message display(maybe voice read out as well) through the head unit are the only other additions that I am aware of.

Text message display ... damn, I want this to my '13 CX-5. There must be an update somewhere ...

Text message display ... damn, I want this to my '13 CX-5. There must be an update somewhere ...
I haven't gotten mine to work with my iPhone 5 & my wife's 4S with iMessage.
I think I read on another thread that others haven't gotten this feature to work yet.
I'll have to sync a friend's android phone & see if it's comparable.

Here are the differences, categorized for future cut and pasting:
-2.5L engine for Touring/Grand Touring (GS or GT in Canada)
-Pandora Radio Support
-Mobile Text Display support on the screen, can send fixed phrases through voice support as well
-Smart City Brake Support (SCBS)
-Soul Red and Metro Gray color change

Obviously, there will be minor improvements to the overall manufacturing process which will improve overall quality a little bit, plus all the TCB's will now be "standard".

I haven't gotten mine to work with my iPhone 5 & my wife's 4S with iMessage.
I think I read on another thread that others haven't gotten this feature to work yet.
I'll have to sync a friend's android phone & see if it's comparable.

It works with my Samsung Galaxy S3. The message download takes WAY longer than you would think that it should, but I think this may be because it re-downloads all your messages each time. Not positive about this. The text to speech is pretty good, and it will not filter "naughty" words. You can't read the message when you are driving, but you can press the button to have it read to you. It has been helpful, and I am glad the car has the feature.

I would think the hardware is the same that it is only a firmware update and hopefully they can update the 2013 model units, that would be awesome. I have a 2 second delay on Bluetooth audio when streaming music or video from my BlackBerry 7 and BlackBerry 10 device, and PlayBook. I thought it was the device at first then realized that it's the head that is causing the delay. Very frustrating.

I would think the hardware is the same that it is only a firmware update and hopefully they can update the 2013 model units, that would be awesome. I have a 2 second delay on Bluetooth audio when streaming music or video from my BlackBerry 7 and BlackBerry 10 device, and PlayBook. I thought it was the device at first then realized that it's the head that is causing the delay. Very frustrating.

Do you mean if you look at the phone it is two seconds ahead of where the music is in the car? ie, if you were playing a video, there would be a significant delay. But does this really affect music? It definitely isn't instantaneous if you switch tracks via bluetooth - I would say it is at least a 2 second wait to go to the next track. I could see it being annoying if you were trying to stream the audio from a video, but for music I can't see how it would matter.

Back