High idle?

hockeyryan

:
2002 p5
Hey so I havent been here for a while... been busy with work and my truck lately lol.
So I dont know if its a problem or not but I think it is. So when i start my car after its been sitting for a couple hours or so it idles around 1500 and some times up to 2000 for a couple minutes. So is this normal or is this a egr problem?

Thanks
Ryan

Air Leak in the Intake System.

Either a cracked hose or something is disconnected.

My car was doing the opposite,... it would idle really low and almost stall on a warm restart. Seafoam fixed it. (I know Brian hates the stuff but I`m hoping he might even try it)

okay I looked and everything is connected still... ill pull it all and redo it next weekend but anything else I should look for? is it normal for cold air intake? sorry if that's a stupid question, im new to the car game lol

If you just installed it and it did it, check all the couplings and make sure they're on and tightned correctly

My car was doing the opposite,... it would idle really low and almost stall on a warm restart. Seafoam fixed it. (I know Brian hates the stuff but I`m hoping he might even try it)

I don't need Seafoam on my car to clean out stuff.
My engine comes apart yearly which is more frequently than some people change the oil.

and There is no reason why seafoam would fix a high idle.

Back