Just installed HID kit.. now light output uneven.

onedeep6

:
Mazda 6i
What up! Mazda peeps! Well I just installed my HID kit from DDM tunning 5000k 35w with relay harness on my 2010 Mazda CX-7... before I installed them I checked the alignment with the halogen bulbs and put tapped where the beam hits.... and when I installed the HID kit they seem In place so alignment is good (hopefully)..... but I noticed that the light output is uneven... like the driver side is more slightly brigther than the passanger side... as you can see on the pics that I attached you can tell the difference on the driver side below the cut off line is more rounder than the passenger side and also the color seems a lil more blue on the passenger side (sorry about the pic quality I took it with my phone and I had my outdoor garage light on)... I'm not sure if this is normal... I haven't swapped ballast yet to see if the uneven(ness) moves to the other side... but I wanted to check here first if anyone had the same concern or if its normal before I swap the ballast. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

IMAG0719.jpgIMAG0720.jpg

yeah... that the result of "Cheap" bulbs from DDM. not to mention the color, ugh! anyway... swap the bulbs from side to side, and see if the "issue" follows. since DDM bulbs come from a manufacturing facility with little to no quality control, the alignment is usually off causing the "hot-spot" (the brightest area of the beam) to not be located where it needs to be. it can also be related to the ballasts not creating the specific output that the are "rated" for. with HID kits, you usually get what you pay for.

yeah... that the result of "Cheap" bulbs from DDM. not to mention the color, ugh! anyway... swap the bulbs from side to side, and see if the "issue" follows. since DDM bulbs come from a manufacturing facility with little to no quality control, the alignment is usually off causing the "hot-spot" (the brightest area of the beam) to not be located where it needs to be. it can also be related to the ballasts not creating the specific output that the are "rated" for. with HID kits, you usually get what you pay for.

Yea I know thats what i get for getting ddm ha (hand) I think that would be my last time to purchase ddm next time Ima just go with TRS to purchase for my next vehicle... but yea i will swap bulbs but maybe just swap ballast first is easier for me to see if it moves... Ima have to contact ddm to get replacement which ever is defective but if its the bulbs then i might just get them from trs (shady).... thanks for the help!

Back