Off centered steering wheel?

MATR6

:
'15 WRX
Noticed the steering wheel is turned slightly to the left when I test drove our '14.
The car drove straight & I mentioned it to the sales guy, he said it looks straight & drove straight.
I'm probably OCD or is bc the dash kinda curves up to the left?
Also when the right stalk is down for the auto wipers, it throws off the illusion that the steering wheel is crooked.
This is my 3rd Mazda & it seems like the steering wheel is never dead on center when car is going straight.

They haven't messed with alignment I assume.

Regardless, it can be fixed under warranty (if it's truly not straight) because it should not have been delivered that way.

Mine was delivered right.

I'll have to check to make sure it's not an optical illusion.
I'm pretty sure it's not straight if I noticed it during the test drive.
Just the dealer I bought from is far away & I doubt other dealers will fix as they'll prob say I hit a pothole.

Any dealer will help you with warranty work, they get paid for warranty work by the manufacturer. As long as there is no damage that they can say caused your situation. A crooked wheel is something that would.make me crazy. Don't settle for good enough, now get up and go to the closest dealer, tell service they are not authorized to do any work other than warranty work.

Also check tire pressure. Good thing is toe is adjustable front and back and no need to reset steering angle sensor after alignment

Accounting for road crown is pretty common with suspension alignment, even from the factory.
They dial in a little more positive camber on the driver's side, to compensate for the negative camber that occurs from the suspension leaning into the peak of the road crown.
When driving on a flat road, or center lane, or left lane of a two/three way road, your steering wheel may be slightly off-center.
The true test is to see if the car pulls...

I would not take delivery if the steering is off center, i.e. alignment is off. Once you drive the car off the lot, dealer will not acknowledge any alignment issues. Alignment is treated like a wear and tear item. If you hit a pot hole and alignment is affected, it's not considered a manufacturing defect.

The alternative is to take deliver with dealer acknowledging the known problem and agree to fixing it at a later date with no charge.

Accounting for road crown is pretty common with suspension alignment, even from the factory.
They dial in a little more positive camber on the driver's side, to compensate for the negative camber that occurs from the suspension leaning into the peak of the road crown.
When driving on a flat road, or center lane, or left lane of a two/three way road, your steering wheel may be slightly off-center.
The true test is to see if the car pulls...
It doesn't pull and drives straight so I'm not as worried.
I did call Mazda USA so they documented it. CS rep said to bring it into a dealer for them to check it out. Worst case I'm out $80? for an alignment. But I'm gonna have them call the sales rep if needed. I know I drove off the lot without it in writing.
I'm gonna drive the car more this weekend as it's my wife's car. I'll have to take pics & analyze it while I'm not driving.
Maybe bring a small leveler to measure also.

Some manufactures, including my Subaru dealer did a realignment at ~ 5,000 Miles free of charge. Tires were showing outside wear and of course there was no tire or rim damage to suggest I hit anything.

Infiniti has a 12 month 12k miles warranty on alignments or adjustments. maybe mazda has something similiar.

Ours has naturally fallen faded to the left - ironic.

The alignment of the car is fine, but for someone as anal as I am about steering feel, it's horribly annoying. Fortunately it's the wife's car, and she doesn't even notice. (shrug)

Ours has naturally fallen faded to the left - ironic.

The alignment of the car is fine, but for someone as anal as I am about steering feel, it's horribly annoying. Fortunately it's the wife's car, and she doesn't even notice. (shrug)
Same here, my wife doesn't notice either. But every time I drive it I swear it's crooked.
Gonna take the car to work tomorrow bc of the snow. I'll be driving & looking down at if the steering wheel in straight in inclement weather. Lol

Car is tracking straight in this pic. It's definitely slightly to the left.
It doesn't help that the buttons are not symmetrically equal on both sides giving the left side the illusion of dipping down.
58BEDF4C-2BE8-4604-95CA-590B3FD0C52B-211-0000000D86848046.jpg

If I use the silver trim on the bottom to judge straight up & down center, it doesn't look off centered.
???
A10AB050-BED2-4F55-80E6-84CAAB35BBCF-1040-00000062D296FFF9.jpg

Car is tracking straight in this pic. It's definitely slightly to the left.
It doesn't help that the buttons are not symmetrically equal on both sides giving the left side the illusion of dipping down.
58BEDF4C-2BE8-4604-95CA-590B3FD0C52B-211-0000000D86848046.jpg

This is dead on how ours looks... Runs straight as an arrow AS LONG as you have that much steering angle dialed in.

This is dead on how ours looks... Runs straight as an arrow AS LONG as you have that much steering angle dialed in.
It must be the optical illusion of having more buttons on the left side along with the dash sloping up on the left.

i thought it was today but i suspected it was the winds, very windy today and could see and feel the car shift everywhere (everyone's car couldn't keep straight!)

It must be the optical illusion of having more buttons on the left side along with the dash sloping up on the left.

Use the Mazda emblem and level it based on the highest two points. There are a few degrees dialed in even in your photo.

Just got a 2014 CX-5 GS and the steering is exactly the same. Drives completely straight with no pull but requires a an annoying amount of steer turn to the left to get that way.

Did anyone get this fixed, if so, what was it?

Back