LowerTranny Motor Mount Bracket ??

M2P503

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Hey Guys ok ive done my research and i haven't been able to find this Tranny motor mount bracket any where for sale. Its located on the bottom of the car by the radiator almost its the one that stops the Square headed Bolt from spinning . Ive checked the Diagrams and to no avail is it anywhere. Does any one know who sells it or where i can find a new one?

best bet is to go to the local junk yard and get one. it can be from the 01-03 sedan also as long as it has the 2.0

Last edited:
Hey Guys ok ive done my research and i haven't been able to find this Tranny motor mount bracket any where for sale. Its located on the bottom of the car by the radiator almost its the one that stops the Square headed Bolt from spinning . Ive checked the Diagrams and to no avail is it anywhere. Does any one know who sells it or where i can find a new one?
Ok thanks man ill look into that well. Do you happen to know the name of the lower tranny mount or part number?

its not a tranny mount its the front engine mount there is only 1 mount for the tranny and that is on the drivers side fender the one in front is the front engine mount and the long bar under it is the engine mount support bar and then there is the engine mount bracket the one that stops the square bolt from spinning... how did u manage to break that anyways?

I'm thinking (and correct me if I'm wrong) - that you are referring to part 39-021

mount_zps2e95e6d2.png

You can always go to a Mazda dealership and ask. Parts are a bit more expensive but sometimes they are the only ones who will have it.
You can always get a regular bolt (of the same size), but then you'll need to use two wrenches to tighten down the nut.

You can always go to a Mazda dealership and ask. Parts are a bit more expensive but sometimes they are the only ones who will have it.
You can always get a regular bolt (of the same size), but then you'll need to use two wrenches to tighten down the nut.
Yeah ill have to make a trip to Mazda parts unfortunately because i can locate this part anywhere online =-(

its not a tranny mount its the front engine mount there is only 1 mount for the tranny and that is on the drivers side fender the one in front is the front engine mount and the long bar under it is the engine mount support bar and then there is the engine mount bracket the one that stops the square bolt from spinning... how did u manage to break that anyways?

Thanks for your help and clarifying that. Yes it is the Engine mount bracket and its definitely not part # 39-021 so im going to have to go to Mazda and talk to the parts department. I have no idea why this broke my guess is i replaced the lower Engine Mount and the Bracket itself was old so it gave it from shifting id guess . Who knows

I'm thinking (and correct me if I'm wrong) - that you are referring to part 39-021

mount_zps2e95e6d2.png

Thanks for your help man but no it's not part # 30-021 it's the bracket that stops bolt number 9YA09-1209 from spinning yes that was english i spoke lol!

Now it's time to correct me if I'm wrong but do you need the bolt or the bracket that it butts up against to stop it from spinning,... because it sure looks like in the picture that part # 39-021 'is' the bracket that the head of the bolt would fit into.
OK,.. I went out and checked my car and now know what you mean,... there is a metal tab butting up against the head of the bolt, but it sure looks to me that it is welded to the actual bracket and is part of the engine mount bracket itself (part #39-021).
If it were me, I'd try to hold the square bolt head with a big adjustable wrench or vise grip when turning the big nut on the other side. It shouldn't be too seized up because you've already had it apart. If you can get that bolt off it sure looks like you'd have to replace the entire engine mount bracket or just the bolt with a normal head like rit14623 said.
That diagram is off a bit too,.. it shows a regular hex headed bolt for part #9YA09-1209 not the big square head that it is.
If that bolt is still tight I'd just leave it but if the square head is spinning, your gonna have a hard time getting it off regardless of what you try to do.

Last edited:
Thanks for your time man i think its right next to part number 39-021 ill take a picture of it for you and post it on here as soon as possible

Thanks for your time man i think its right next to part number 39-021 ill take a picture of it for you and post it on here as soon as possible

I'll try to post a pic too,... I finally found out how to "manage attachments" so it would be good practice for me.

OK,... here's the picture of the square bolt with the little 'bracket' that grabs the edge of the bolt.

View attachment 201124

View attachment 201125

That little bracket is welded to the side of the engine mount bracket.

Last edited:
If it's welded to the engine mount bracket then how is it not part of the engine mount bracket to replace? Seems as if there are 2 options, as has been stated......buy new bracket or get another bolt of some sort.

I'll try to post a pic too,... I finally found out how to "manage attachments" so it would be good practice for me.

OK,... here's the picture of the square bolt with the little 'bracket' that grabs the edge of the bolt.

View attachment 201124

View attachment 201125

That little bracket is welded to the side of the engine mount bracket.
Thanks PCB that is exactly the mount im talking about. Now i just have to see how much it costs

If it's welded to the engine mount bracket then how is it not part of the engine mount bracket to replace? Seems as if there are 2 options, as has been stated......buy new bracket or get another bolt of some sort.
Actually it is we have finally pin pointed it i thought it was separatefrom the mount but it isnt.

Just throw a big a$$ vise-grip on the square bolt to hold it. It sounds like your gonna need to do that anyway to get it off to replace the bracket. If you can hold the bolt still somehow, there is no need for a new bracket. You might consider tack welding a little piece of metal beside the bolt head if you have access to a welder,... or drilling and tapping a little bolt beside the square head to hold it.

Back