FS: JDM FS-ZE Intake Camshaft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Installshield 2

Gothenburg Superiority
Plenty of info available on these around the forums, just pm me if you want specific threads about them...i have a lot bookmarked...

This is a OE Japanese FSH9 intake cam from the JDM FS-ZE engine...advertised duration is set at .017" valve lift (.003" valve seat + .014" lash), bringing intake valve duration up to 242 degrees at that lift...when used with a stock exhaust cam; overlap is bumped to 7 degrees at .017" lift, also...

helps remove the stock cam 'face plant' at ~6,000 rpm...this cam will allow the engine to pull harder up to the FS-ZE set red line at 7,000 rpm...

I bought this cam new from Corksport in 2003...Soon after, i found a local probe owner selling an unused ZE intake, and MSF exhaust cam...and bought those, and installed them at the same time...I was also building another engine, and hoped to use this one, but the new requirements of the built engine needed something more aggressive...so this specific cam for sale was used for about 500 miles of testing, and removed...and is in about as perfect shape as possible...

Its spent its easy life in my basement, sealed in plastic, swimming in clean engine oil...absolutely no rust or issues of any kind with any section of the camshaft...When i took these photos this morning, i also mic'd the journals...all of which check out at 1.212", perfect with factory specs...

Asking $150 + shipping...I know thats a chunk of money for a part for an 'old' car, but i'm saving for a stand alone and it'll help...considering these have become more and more rare, and CS charges $260 + shipping now...i think its a fair place to start...i'd love to just give it away to a happy home, but builds take a good bit of money no matter how old the car is haha.

pics:

DSC_0287.jpg

DSC_0289.jpg

DSC_0291.jpg

Again, this is about as unused as possible...it was in long enough to know it fit and had no problems whatsoever, then removed...

paypal is fine, and post any additional questions you may have.

Thanks

I really shouldn't be spending more money on this thing right now, so I'll ask if you'll part with it for $130 total.

please excuse my ignorance but how well will this work on an NA motor? or is this designed more for the MSP guys?

Will you need some type of piggyback to get the full benefit from this, and how much peppier would this make a na motor with the basic bolt ons (intake and full exhaust)

^you do not 'need' a piggy back or any computer mods for this cam to give some extra high end hp...i'm saying; you dont need it any more than you already do...the stock computers suck, period...but this cam is a factory part designed for an otherwise factory car...

I had it with a full exhaust, and just a K&N drop in filter...definitely noticed the better top end...

As i posted higher up; Corksport claims to have dyno'd this cam and came up with nearly 10 extra whp...I have never had mine dyno'd, though...i always guessed it was more like 4whp with NO mods...maybe 6-8 with a good intake and free flowing exhaust...

daily bump steal.
I want this for my car... i'd like a nicer NA fs-de... but i'm too busy lately to be doing much work on my car and i'm gona' be gone pretty much half this month, so i wait -_-
...but bump anyways, hopefully you get it sold and get your engine built yo

Thanks man, and no problem. I'm in no hurry, as i've had this thing for so long anyway...i don't need it sold this minute haha.

Check back later this spring, it might still be around. I get a few pm's a week about it, but no payment yet...and until then I'll just keep it listed.

Nope, it uses the same base circle as all factory cams...valve clearance should be set at .010 to .014 inches...if you have that before the installation, you'll have it with this cam. When doing a cam swap, its a good idea to check those clearances anyway...as over time you sometimes need to adjust it...but this cam requires the same lash as the stock cam, and as long as your clearance is in check before the swap...nothing needs adjusted...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back